Chapter Whatever Just Know this is The Third to Last

Danny POV

As soon as the dragon's fire cleared, I discorporated the shield. The only problem was the dragon went out of sight. How does a dragon even do that?

"Well fuck," I curse. "We need to get that amulet off it." Batman gives me a look and so does Robin.

"How do you know?" Batman ordered me to answer. I didn't care, I was too freaked out.

"It's an ancient ghost relic. Whoever this person is, they're very angry and their anger will only increase if we don't get that necklace off." I rushed through my words, noticing a bit of wing in the clouds.

I could care less about the red beam right now. That was Queen Dora's stolen necklace and now I had to get it back.

I look at Batman, "All we need to do is get that necklace off. Have you ever fought a dragon?"

He nodded without response.

My mind ran as I searched the sky to see when the beast would swoop down. This was ghost fire, significantly hotter than any fire in the mortal plane. Even if Batman had a fire-proof cape, it'd carve its way through like it was made of cardboard.

I start to fly fast to the clouds, tired of searching. I heard yells of protest from the ground but I ignored them. This was my doing, I knew it. It was my responsibility to end it.

I was high above the clouds now, looking all around for any sight of it. Out of nowhere, I am pushed forward with incredible speed. I'm hurtling down when I start to gain my balance again.

I snap my neck behind, staring at my foe. I create a sword in my hand from ice.

"I don't know who you are but if you don't stand down, I'm going to use force." I point my sword at the dragon, my face serious as stone.

The dragon roared in a deep voice, "You will die today!" Its claws extended after me and I flew backward before it did. This person doesn't seem like someone with mindless anger, it really wanted to kill.

I knew from the last time I fought a dragon years ago that I needed to be quick. All I needed to do was aim for the necklace and get it off.

I evade each attack, making the dragon angrier and angrier, but it got me. It feigned an attack and I fell into a trap. I was within the creature's claws, and I stared directly at its face, desperately trying to squirm out.

Light shined from its mouth as it was about to release a fireball, and then I heard a zoom.

The dragon flung to the side by what looked like a missile, and then a loud explosion echoed.

I looked at where it came from and saw a big, black jet with some very familiar faces sitting inside it.

I knew what I had to do.

I zoomed to the ghost dragon as fast as it was flung and tore the necklace right off. It began to fall, slowly transforming. But I started to recognize the figure.

Jezebel.

As the name clicked to my head, I flew down after the body, but I lost it. I looked around the rooftops and streets and found absolutely no sign of her.

The roar of the jet flying down brought my attention, snapping away from the streets. I looked up to see the Bat themed Jet. And flew inside of it.

It was tight and compact, but definitely enough room to fit in.

"That was..." I gasped for breath. "That was my friend's sister." I rightly clamped my hands on the necklace, scared I'd lose it.

Robin looked at me alarmed, while Batman seemed to be steering a clear course.

"You knew that dragon?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"She-she wasn't supposed to be meddled with this. Oh gods, I hate this all." I began to bury my face into the palms of my hand.

Batman interrupted my pity party, "You mentioned this was your fault. How?"

I let out a hollow laugh, "This ghost's after me. Let me tell you, I'm not that popular with ghosts y'know?"

"Why bring Gotham down along with you?"

"Cuz they probably want to take everything I love and care about and burn it."

I noticed Robin looking at me with furrowed brows, which I gave a smile and a wave (in a bit of pain) in return.

We made it back to the rooftop only to meet another familiar face. The other two didn't seem to recognize him as they came forward to land.

as I flew out of the jet, and I met with the terrifying face of my best friend.

Aster.

"Aster?" I asked. "We've got to get you out of here!" I didn't dare question anything as I attempted to grab his hand. He immediately flinched away. I look at him, almost heartbroken.

"Who- who are you?" He asked with a tremor in his voice. I realized I was still Phantom.

"It's me, Danny." I pointed to myself. He didn't look like he believed me.

I looked around nervously. I let two rings surround me as I started to turn human once more.

"Danny!" The voice sounded like Dick. I turned my head to look directly at Robin before feeling something.

I was feeling pain.

I screamed in complete agony, as I collapsed on the floor. My vision when white and every inch of my body was on fire.

I aimed my attention to Aster, wanting to know if he was safe. But I met with his smiling face.

"Oh Danny, you shouldn't trust strangers."