Chapter 28: He Found Out

IT'S OFFICIALLY BEEN A YEAR SINCE I HAVE STARTED THIS FANFIC!!!!!!! CELEBRATE! Also, a friend of mine wanted to edit the first four chapters (by 'wanted' I mean I paid them too) so hopefully those chap's look better!

BY THE WAY! I may not update next week due to the fact I'm working on the Second Christmas special!

Dick's PoV

I stood dumbfounded as I stared at Ember running away. 'Dipstick... Dipstick...Dipstick...'  the word echoed in my mind. All outside noise became dull and numb, the only thing I could feel was the hard push of people going around me as I just stood there.

'That voice... I knew it was familiar. It's that hooded girl, Ashes, who saved Phantom... Ashes and Ember is the same person. And if she's calling Danny 'Dipstick' then...' The thought swarmed in my head. I faintly saw Batman fighting against clowns in the corner of my eye,  but my thoughts were focused on to one single notion.

'Danny's Phantom.'  It made sense and also no sense all at the same time. That taunting, weird, criminal Phantom was nowhere near Danny's nice and cool nature. Yet Danny was holding that weird taser, who knows what criminal things he'd do with it! It was all so confusing. Connections formed in my head, some seeming so unbelievable and all so untrue, yet everything made sense.

It was so... surprising that this was how it worked out. I spy on some random guy, Bruce spies on the guy's alter-ego, it's almost like it came straight out of a storybook, that all of it was some elaborate plot meant to confuse solely me.

Suddenly, the invisible sound bubble that surrounded me popped and I heard a woman yell at me, "What are you doing standing around! We need to get out here!" The woman pulled at my arm and started to run, and I was barely comprehending what was going on around me.

My brain started to function a bit, and then I noticed that the woman pulling me was wearing a Wonder Woman suit, the same woman who got in trouble with the Joker. I know for certain Joker doesn't like having his business not done, he'd definitely go after her, as well as the knight guy. They're both in danger.

Before I knew it, Wonder Woman person and I were in an old, mucky alleyway, one where a familiar doll, marionette, and knight all stood talking.

Danny's POV

"-I'm sorry, really I am. But if it meant saving Aster, I'd kick that guy ten times harder than I already did." I confessed, looking directly at the slightly-mad Ember. I was slightly-mad at her as well, holding me back from pummeling the sad excuse of a clown. Inside, I knew she only meant the best. And so I was constantly reminding myself she only meant the best just so I wouldn't lash out of her for such an idiotic reason. We already got out of an idiotic conflict, why waste time by doing it all over again?

Suddenly, our conversation was interrupted by two familiar faces running into our little alley. Wonder Woman girl and Dick stood in front of us.

"Whoa, you look like a mess, Dick!" Ember pointed out. Dick truly looked like a mess. His eyes were widened as if he had seen a ghost. He didn't have his ninja hood up and his hair was a complete mess. His fake karate belt hung loosely around his waist and his mouth was slightly hung open.

It looked as if Dick snapped out of his slight daze because he responded seconds later, "O-oh, sorry 'bout that." He sounded a bit nervous, as well as confused. "Everything was so hectic inside that I must've not known." He let out an awkward laugh. An awkward silence soon followed, and I was just contemplating how terrible my city picking choices were. Why did I ever have to think Gotham was a good place to live? Maybe if I weren't here, Aster would have died... maybe I somehow contributed in some odd way.

Aster looked at the Wonder Woman woman for a little, and then she spoke up. "Why'd you try to save me? I messed up, stood up to the Joker and was supposed to die, but you tried to save me... You really must be dumb to try to save a complete stranger."

Aster simply smiled and responded, "You're still a life, I bet ya got a nice little home with a great family! I don't want you to be stripped from all of that. I'd rather give my life up then feel guilty that I didn't do something for the rest of my life." His words struck within me. Why did he have to be such a cinnamon roll? Sincerity laced his words, and the most bright smile laid on his face, it was almost unbelievable.

The woman started to tear up a little, and Aster started talking more to her. Eventually, they started to share an equal ground, and she revealed her name to be June. She stopped crying.

I glanced over to Dick, who seemed to have a dazed look stuck on him. He kept looking down with wide eyes and mumbling words that were far to low to hear. You'd think he was a traumatized kid figuring out his parent's murder with a face like that.

Ember seemed to be calmed down, already venting out an earlier anger.

"Yo, Betwixt," Ember punched my shoulder, "How 'bout we head home? Just because we didn't get any prize and the party was bombed by to make-up'ed freaks, doesn't mean we can't stay up late watching all the Halloweentown movies in one sitting." I kinda liked Ember's suggestion. I remember I had the whole series on the TV, and it was about time I'd go through all of them a second time.

"Aster, come on, let's go!" I called him over. He quickly said bye to June and started to head our direction. We all decided just to walk since my house wasn't really that far from us. We said our goodbyes to Dick, who gave a weak goodbye back, and to June as well.

And from there, we started to head home.

______________________________________

And there you have it, folks! Another tremendous update and most chose another  Christmas special! I'll be working on that little bit ASAP!!