[17] Taken

After Peter had volunteered as tribute to stay behind and fight along side Scott, we were rummaging through the drawers trying to find something to give them an advantage point against the twins. Finally coming up with epinephrine, which would make Peter stronger and give him and Scott a better fighting chance. After we injected Peter with it, him and Scott went out into the hallway to fight the twins. Dad had picked Cora up in his arms, Derek keeping an arm on Ms. Blake so she couldn't get away while we waited for our signal to get the hell down to the basement.

"Let's rumble."

I tapped their shoulders, that being our cue to get the hell out of here and down to the basement. I grabbed Stiles hand in mine, us quickly running towards the basement while Dad was behind us with Cora in his arms as Derek followed with Ms. Blake. I let go of Stiles hand, taking my bow out as I pointed it, the two of us making sure the coast was clear. Once it was, we nodded towards the door, continuing to make our way towards the garage.

Once we were down in the basement, Stiles pushed open the door as I kept my bow pointed, making sure there wasn't anyone in here. The coast looked clear as Dad came running in with Cora and Derek with Ms. Blake. We continued running, sighing in relief as we saw the ambulance was still here.

I sighed in relief, luck seemed to be on our side for once. "Come on, set her down." I said, running to open the doors with Stiles so dad could set Cora down inside. Stiles climbed in first, helping me up while the two of us grabbed Cora from dad and set her down gently as possible. I reached my hand out to help Dad in, turning to grab Derek's hand but then we all heard Ms. Blake calling after Derek.

"Derek, over here.." We heard her voice, it sounded slightly scared.

I looked at dad, terrified as I tried asking him what was wrong. But he just motioned for me and Stiles to not move, putting his hand over my mouth so I couldn't make a sound. We all stood perfectly still in the back of the ambulance as we all heard Kali's voice calling after Ms. Blake, then you could hear something jingling around.

Oh, my--...our luck ran out didn't it? She has the keys to the ambulance which means we're stuck here. As if our luck could have lasted this long.

"You can't beat her."

"That's why we're gonna run."

Dad moved to close the ambulance doors, pulling me close to him as we stayed quiet, hearing Kali run after Derek and Ms. Blake. We all stayed quiet, finally letting out sharp breaths when we dubbed that we were safe enough to speak. I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I pulled at it in frustration. I was about to ask Dad what we should do now, maybe he knew how to hotwire a car let alone an ambulance? I mean, there's hope right?

But before I could ask him, I noticed him getting his dagger from his sheath, holding it tight in his arms as I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Uh, what do you think you're doing with that?" I asked dad, panic in my voice as he moved towards the door. I tried moving towards him but Stiles kept me back, holding me close to his chest as I watched my dad unlock the back of the ambulance.