[38] Head Above Water

❝ my life is what I'm fighting for
Can't part the sea, can't reach the shore ❞

❝  my life is what I'm fighting forCan't part the sea, can't reach the shore ❞

Sara was laying down in her bed, staring up at the ceiling as she fought to stay awake. She didn't want to go to sleep, she couldn't--- she was terrified of the things she'd see if she were asleep.

She was also terrified of the voices in her head, which was probably the only plus side since she couldn't go to sleep with the voices in her head being so loud. Though, it still pained her to have to hear them as she laid there staring up at the ceiling. Then, without even realizing it, her mind drifted off to the last time she saw her dad alive.

She remembers herself screaming for him, praying he'd be okay. Sara remembers laying in the living room surrounded by broken glass, bleeding out and thinking only one thing.

Please, please...I don't care what happens to me--.. I don't care if I die..Just please, let my dad be okay. Let him make it out of this alive and I'll be okay with whatever happens to me. Even if it's death.

Sara was so consumed in her thoughts, tears streaming down her face that she didn't even notice until she felt them rolling down her cheeks. She let out a sharp breath, feeling her heartbeat beginning to beat faster at the thoughts of her father dying.

Sara felt sadness at the thought of having to live the rest of her life without her dad being there by her side like he had been her whole life. Sara felt grief over losing her father.

Sara felt guilt. Survivor's guilt to be exact. She believed that she was horrible for having survived while her dad did not.

Sara felt pain. Over losing her father, over almost dying, getting the crap beaten out of her in her own home, and everything in between.

But most of all, Sara felt anger. Sara felt anger that all her thoughts and prayers to the gods of old and new, hell to anyone or anything willing to listen, were ignored. She was angry at the fact that she survived and her father didn't---

she felt anger over knowing she had to live the rest of her life without her dad in it while the person who took him from her...well, they were still out roaming the earth.

But Sara promised...she made a blood oath...that she'd find the person responsible for his death and taking him from her and make them beg for death. She day dreamed over the thought of finding the person and literally ripping their own hearts out of their chest.

Sara was so consumed in her thoughts, she gasped when someone suddenly busted through her bedroom door. Sara sat up in her bed, looking at Scott with a confused look when she noticed the worried and panicked look on his face.

"What's wrong?" Sara asked.

"It's Stiles--..." Scott said, trying to remain calm in order to tell Sara what was going on.