[23] Other Options

stiles stood there, kind of walking back and forth while waiting for the nurse of doctor to give him any information. Stiles had texted Scott, Lydia, Allison, Isaac, Derek, he texted everyone. Stiles was biting his nails, probably now chewing on the ends of his fingers. He wasn't sure what to do right now, he had no idea, he was paralyzed. 

As Stiles paced back and forth in the waiting area outside of Sara's room, he snapped his head in the direction of the door opening and closing. Stiles almost tackled Ms. McCall to the ground as she walked over with him, seeing a saddened look on her face as she was carrying a clip board. 

"How is she? Is she okay? Is her dad okay?" Stiles stuttered, surprised he even managed to talk. 

"Sara's dad is awake--...Ummm, I think it's best we talk with him." Ms. McCall slowly nodded her head, the two of them walking over to Sara's dad's room which was right next to her's. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ms. McCall lightly knocked on the door before opening it, letting Stiles walk in first as Mr. Sandoval sat up in his bed, groaning from the pain as he saw the look on Melissa's face. 

"How's my daughter? Is she okay? Melissa, please tell me Sara's okay--..." His voice almost broke, fearing the look on Melissa's face. Sara's dads heart couldn't help but break as he noticed the look on Melissa's face. Sara's dad loved her with all his heart, he'd do anything to protect his daughter--...and he already had before. If he ever lost her, he'd go out of his mind. Losing Sara's mom was hard, but losing Sara? He doesn't think he could recover from that. 

So when he looked at Melissa's expression, it broke his heart. He wanted to be positive, pray to the old and new gods to heal Sara but--...he couldn't keep hope alive. He knew that face all too well, it was a face he did not want her to display while speaking about his daughter's condition. 

Ms. McCall offered him and Stiles a saddened and apologetic look. Ms. McCall cleared her throat, trying to decide on which words would be best to express the situation at hand. "Ummm, Stephen--...We ummm..We did the best we could under the circumstances but her--..her injuries were extensive." Ms. McCall began saying, seeing the heartbroken look on both Sara's dad and Stiles face before she delivered the actual horrible heartbreaking news. "Even if she were to regain consciousness...We could prolong her life for as long as you wish but--.." Ms. McCall's voice broke as she held the clipboard close to her chest, hating that she had to tell Sara's dad..

he might lose his only child, his entire world. 

"..-It might be best to consider other options.." Ms. McCall said with a heavy heart, slowly showing Sara's dad the clipboard that had the paper work deciding her life support. "I am so sorry, Stephen--.." Ms. McCall tried saying as she herself had tears in her eyes. 

Stiles let out a sharp gasp, feeling like his chest was caving in as he looked at Ms. McCall like she was insane. "Wh-..what? What did you--..what did you say?" Stiles asked, his voice breaking as tears were in his eyes.