[32] More Harm Than Good

"I can't believe you let Aiden kick your ass." Sara laughed slightly, as she walked into her room to change into a warmer sweater, noting that it was going to be cold out. 

"Yeah, well, it's not like I had much of a choice." Scott said, standing in the doorway of her bedroom at the McCall residence. 

Scott watched as Sara put on a sweater, turning so they could go meet with the rest of the pack at the trail's entrance. But when Scott looked over his shoulder, expecting Sara to be walking right behind him, he saw her reaching underneath her bed for something. Scott watched confused as Sara pulled out a big black case. It looked like something out of a spy movie or something. 

Sara unlocked the bag, opening it to reveal a sword. But not just any sword. It was her mother's, the one her dad gave her the night they went to fight Gerard and Jackson when he was the Kanima. She never felt more connected to her, or more powerful than when she wielded this sword. Sara stared at the sword in her hands, sighing to herself before going to pick up her father's dagger. 

"This is what I needed before we left." Sara said, quickly putting the dagger in her belt and shoving the bag back underneath her bed. "This was my dad's. Thought since we're going to be risking our lives going out into those woods...I might as well have something to protect myself with." 

Scott nodded his head, choosing to stay quiet since he wasn't sure what to say. Scott watched as Sara put her hair into a ponytail, turning to look over at him with this certain look on her face that he couldn't describe.

"Come on, we have a werecoyote to catch." 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Does anyone think we're doing more harm than good?" Lydia asked as everyone got out of their cars at the trail entrance. 

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his daughter." Scott reminded Lydia and everyone as they stood around trying to come up with some sort of plan to stop Mr. Tate from killing Malia before they had a chance to save her. 

Isaac gives everyone that knowing look, saying the words everyone else was too afraid to think or say out loud. "Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who actually is his daughter, who we don't know how to change back from a coyote into his daughter." Isaac reminded everyone that what they're attempting to do was not going to be as easy as Scott was making it out to sound. 

"And again with the not helping." Stiles groaned, already annoyed by the sound of Isaac's voice. 

Sara shushed him, telling Stiles now wasn't the time to argue over Isaac's bluntness. Stiles rolled his eyes at Isaac but pulled Sara to his side to keep himself from smacking the look off of Isaac's face. Scott sighed, shaking his head at Stiles before turning to Allison and asking her if she brought "it." Allison stayed quiet, only nodding her head as she opened her trunk and taking out the huge tranq sniper she would be using to tranq Malia.