Chapter 4

I LOVE WATCHING SPEED PAINTING. I love the way everything is just a colorful mess until everything starts to makes sense, until it becomes a beautiful art. I've watched ten speed paintings on YouTube today.

I got off the bus to Mrs. Adachi's house. I'm doing only half of the staircase today. My back still hurts from yesterday.

I pressed the door bell and I was surprised that the person who answered me was a man with a deep voice. "Who is this?" he asked lazily.

"Kim Chanmi, uh, I paint here."

"Oh, let her in!" I heard Mrs. Adachi's familiar voice in the background.

The gate clicked. I entered the house, but when I got inside, I spotted no man around. However, Mrs. Adachi welcomed me once again with a warm smile and she gestured me to the set of paints and brushes. My eyes probably shone. "Wow, thank you, Mrs. Adachi."

"No problem, Chanmi. By the way, don't overwork yourself, alright? You can finish what you can for a day. I'm not in a hurry."

"Alright, thank you."

"I'll leave you to it now. My son is around and I'm not done with him yet."

"O-Oh, okay. Sure."

She climbed upstairs and I started mixing paints on my palette. A little while later, I heard mumbled sounds of argument. I kept painting. Thankfully, I wore my painting apron. I laid on the floor, on my stomach as I painted the first riserㅡwhich was too low for me to paint while sitting.

The sound of two people arguing became louder. I didn't understand anything until the last sentence which wasn't in Japanese, I suppose. "You don't believe me anyway, right? That's why I'm here." The man said and then I heard footsteps. I focused on my painting.

"Where are you going?"

"Out of this house."

"Yuto!"

I gasped at the familiar name. No, no, no, it isn't him. Can't be him. It was too late to get up from the floor when I felt his presence. I ducked my head even more.

"Miss, why are you on the floor?" His deep voice asked. I tried to remember if the guy on the train had the same voice.

"Uh, it's hard to paint the first riser while sitting up."

I heard him snort and then he passed me by. I raised my head and inspected my painting. Still looks good. Alright. I took a deep breath and sat up to mix paints again when I heard him againㅡbehind me this time.

"It was you on the train." He said and I froze. Jeez.

Yanan

Changgu, Gain and I hang out at Burger King's. We were having Oreo milkshake when Changgu opened up the topic about Christmas presents.

"What did Yanan get you for Christmas, Gain?" he asked my girlfriend.

Gain smiled but one that did not reach her eyes. "A planner."

Changgu snorted in disbelief. "A planner? Seriously?"

She kept the smile on her face. "I can be forgetful and disorganized at times. I really was planning to get oneㅡYanan just knows what I need." she said and clung to my shoulder.

I smiled back at her, and then I let them talk and texted Chanmi.

Yanan
where u at? already here at BK's.