Chapter 9

WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A GIRL FRIEND, you ask the best friend you do not like romantically for dating and fashion advice.

I've been taking selfies of my outfits in the mirror and sending them to Changgu.

changgu
STOPPP! my phone is going to explode! :/

chanmi
just pick the best!

changgu
lOOOOOK. IF THE GUY LIKES YOU, HE WILL LIKE YOU WHATEVER YOU WEAR

chanmi
stop the bs already. pick.

changgu
i like the rose pink dress. makes you look more feminine. but idk ask for second opinion! ask yanan!

chanmi
nevermind. im wearing your pick

changgu
wow i always thought i was the lesser best friend

chanmi
DONT BE RIDICULOUS! YOU ARE THE BEST FRIEND. ttyl!

I wore the rose pink dress and paired it with the fossil gray winter coat. I'm wearing a fashionable, useless coat right now and maybe it's okay if I don't do it everyday.

I grabbed my bag (still a backpack) and inspected myself in the mirror. My short hair (length above the shoulder) is still the usual straight oneㅡbut I wore a white headband. It's going to be cold but I think I can handle it.

I jumped like a penguin around my room. I can't believe this. I'm going out with a younger guy!

Should I back out?

Just then, my phone rang.

Front desk lady

I answered the call from the front desk lady of the dorm.

"Kim Chanmi-ssi, someone is asking for you in the lobby. The name is Adachi Yuto."

"Oh, alright. I'll be there. Thanks."

I glanced at myself across the mirror once more before leaving my room. I was actually nervous as the elevator's doors opened, revealing the lobby where a guy in a black coat was sitting comfortably in the white couch.

I suddenly felt shy all over. I obviously dressed differently this time. I don't want to seem like I put too much effort for this dateㅡbut it was too late to back out when Yuto's head shot up and his eyes met mine.

As I walked towards him, it felt like a death march. His eyes roamed all over me, splashing blush on my cheeks. "Stop staring!" I told him with a frown.

He smiled. Really smiled. Like, a genuine one. If I was more flirty, I would have said: Hey, handsome.

He rubbed the back of his neck. His smile turning sheepish. "Whoa, you look greatㅡI mean, beautiful and uh, cute."

Jeez. Why is this my first date ever?

I looked at him and smiled. "You're wearing red."

Yuto's hair looks soft when it's down. He still has his earring. He's wearing a red turtle neck and a warm, long black coat.

He grinned. "And do I look painfully handsome in red?"

I rolled my eyes as we walked out of the building. "Uh, not painfully. Just handsome."

He chuckled. "You finally admitted it."