Chapter 8

THERE ARE MANY REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T CRY IN PUBLICㅡand one of them is because you have to face the people who saw you cry after it.

Right now, I feel so sad, heartbroken and mortified all at the same time. Yuto led me out of the club and we walked along the sidewalk without speaking to each other. He was just there.

The night was cold and the stars and the moon were covered by the clouds. I turned to Yuto and when I spoke, my voice came out hoarse. "I'm going home. Thanks for tonight. And I'm sorryㅡfor dragging you into the drama."

"I'm walking you home." he simply said. He wasn't asking permission. He was saying what he wanted to do.

"You don't have toㅡ"

"I want to."

And so, we got on the bus. We sat next to each other in silence. It's so exhausting to spend each night like this.

We walked towards my dorm and stopped in front of the building.

"What do you like so much about him?" Yuto suddenly asked in that deep voice of his.

I stared at him, admiring his face as an artist. "Everything." I said, and watched the way that face twitched so quick like I just imagined it.

"But he hurts you." he said quietly.

I removed my scarf from my neck. "He doesn't know that." Without thinking twice, I reached for his neck and wrapped my scarf around it. His jacket was really fashionably useless for winter. He seemed to have stopped breathing for a while but he just looked at me.

"Doesn't he? Really?" he asked after a while. I pulled away and inspected my own red scarf on him.

I just smiled a bit. "Red suits you." I said, turning to the gate. "Thanks again for tonight."

But as I opened the gate, Yuto held my arm. "Wait," he said.

"What is it?" I asked.

He swallowed hard, looking directly into my eyes. "Give me a chance." he said.

Yanan

Changgu spotted me as soon as the band finished performing. A grin formed his lips. "Hey! I thought you wouldn't make it!"

I smiled at him. "Can't miss this."

"Where's Chanmi? She was here..."

"She went somewhere with Yuto."

"Yuto? He was here too?" he asked.

I nodded. "Chanmi said she was with him."

"What? I brought Chanmi hereㅡ" And then Changgu stopped as if realizing something. "Thanks for coming, dude." he said, instead.

Chanmi wasn't with Yuto in the first place.

I smiled at Changgu. "Awesome as always."

"So, are you two on a date? Didn't expect Yanan would bring a girl in a club." he said, grinning at Gain.

Gain smiled. "He insisted to watch your band. You guys are really good!"

"Thank you."

My feet itched. I wanted to leave. I wanted to see if Chanmi was okay. I scanned the place around with my eyes but I couldn't find them.