Chapter 18

ONCE YOU SNEAK A BOY INSIDE YOUR ROOM, it means you must really, really like him.

First of all, it's your room. Your private space. Second, what are the odds you'll get caught by either your parents or the dorm's manager.

But I've known so many girls who sneaked in their boyfriends, I just didn't expect I would be one of them.

Wait, Yuto hasn't even confirmed yet that he's my boyfriendㅡbeat that.

So, how am I going to do this? Easy-peasy. The woman at the reception goes out for dinner at seven. She leaves the dorm for an hour. That's when the girls sneaked in their boys.

"Waitㅡ" I told Yuto. I just saw one of the girls bring in a guy insideㅡand he's wearing a bright pink coat. I giggled. "Do you wanna wear pink?" I asked.

He grinned. "You're crazy, Chanmi."

I don't have a bright pink coat. I grabbed a yellow one and a purple purse. I pulled the hood over Yuto's head and made him wear the purse for the surveillance cam. And then we headed inside my room and let out a deep breath, laughing so hard.

I turned on the lights and laughed once more at how he looked like.

He shook his head and took off the purse and the coat. "Welcome to my room!" I said, blushing.

He looked around with a smile. "Yeah, it's so you."

My room's look is close to that of an art gallery at first. There are paintings hanging on the walls. And then there's an easel with an unfinished painting and jar of paints on the floor. I have a small table where a microwave rests and beside it is my mini fridge (always full). And then there's my closet beside my study table filled with papers and books, and sketchpads. And then my bed with sky and dark blue covers. Above it hang a string of lights that I turn on at night.

We hang our jackets on my rack and we sat on my blue carpet. "Is that good or bad?" I asked him.

"Good." he said.

I reached over a bunch of canvas resting on my floor. "Cha~ look." I said, showing them to him. "I'm selling them."

"All?"

I nodded. "Yes," I said. "The only reason I can afford all these paints is because of these paintings."

"This is Seoul's skyline at night? Wow. Where did you paint this from?"

"Hotel. I checked in for a night on one of the highest floors with the view of the whole city and painted until the next morning."

"Damn. You're hardcore!"

I chuckled. "Uh-huh. It costed me a lot but it was worth it. This is one of my favorite."

"This one's beautiful." he said, pointing at the paintingㅡa mother and her child walking hand in hand in a field of flowers.

"It's home. When I came home last summer, I visited the field of sunflowers and saw them enjoying the view. It's beautiful. Don't you see a lot of mothers who focus on their phone instead of their children these days?"

He nodded. "Especially in places to eat. Family dinners and lunch aren't the same anymore. Families on the table barely even make eye contact."