Chapter 16

THE RULE AFTER BREAK UP is to wait at least three months before you exclusively date someone else.

That is why I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Gain the next day in college, swooped in a different guy's arm. I was walking with Changgu and I swore both our eyes just bawled out. Gain didn't even notice us.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Changgu asked.

"Right?"

"How many days have passed since their breakㅡ"

"Annyeong, chingudeul!" A familiar voice came behind us.

"Yah," Changgu said to Yanan. "Did you see that?"

"Yanan, wasn't Gain cheating on you or something?" I asked.

His eyes widened. "H-How do you know that?"

Both Changgu and I gasped. "FOR REAL?" We both asked.

Yanan sighed with a nod. "After our breakup, she called me for closure, and then she told me the truth."

"Heol," Changgu muttered.

"What the actual fuck?" I said, fuming.

"Language." Yanan said to me, and then looked at the both of us. "It didn't make sense to get mad at her for it since we already broke up."

"But she was with you when she was cheatingㅡohmygosh, I'm just soㅡ" I sighed and shook my head. "I'll see you guys later."

"Chanmi-ah, where are you going?" Yanan asked but I walked away.

I rushed to the girls' toilet room and washed my face with cold water. I was fuming. All those times I asked myself what Gain did to deserve someone like Yananㅡbut she didn't deserve him at all. How could she cheat on someone like him?

Yanan tried for her. He picked her over many more important things so many times... and she justㅡshe just did that.

And Yanan isn't even angry.

God.

What did the world do to deserve someone like him?

YANAN

I went to the painting room after all my classes to talk to Chanmi. As I expected, she was sitting in front of her easel, painting. But this time, she was brushing the canvas with a frown on her face.

"What did the canvas do to you?" I asked.

"Why can't you get mad at her?" she asked.

"Chanmi..."

She stopped and removed her apron, grabbing her backpack without washing her hands. "Let's go talk somewhere else."

We went to Mc Donald's and ordered tons of fries. Chanmi frowned while chewing. I tried to smile. "She's not worth it, Chanmi." I told her.

"Butㅡbut sheㅡ"

"There are more things in life I should worry about. I won't spend my energy getting mad at her."

She sighed. "Touché." she said and sighed again. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I might shift to a different course next year." I said.