December 5th

"Alright so this is where I'm staying." Piper grinned as she stepped aside so Harry could drag the tree behind him. Earlier in the evening she'd greeted Kenny once again and happily let him know they were there to pick up the tree she'd purchased a couple days earlier with Harry begrudgingly following behind her. He all but snarled when Kenny made another comment regarding the permanent scowl on his face.

"You couldn't have picked a bigger tree." He grunted tugging the tree behind him.

"Sure, I could've!" She beamed at him. She watched as he dragged the tree over to the corner she was gesturing to.

"Nice place." Harry puffed trying to catch his breath. He looked around and took in how neat the flat was. "Neat." He commented.

"It's pretty nice yeah. I'm thankful my friend let me stay here while she's on vacation with her boyfriend." Piper said.

"Nice of her." He nodded. Piper clapped her hands and made her way towards the copious bags of decorations she'd placed from their previous trip.

"I'll get started on hot chocolate." She said making her way into the kitchen. Hot chocolate was a necessity for any tree decoration and she was more than bummed when she found out Harry didn't have any.

"Thanks." Harry said when she came out with two steaming mugs. He wasn't even surprised at the Santa mugs.

"Alright what music should we listen to today?" Piper asked looking through the collection next to the stereo.

"What about Bing Crosby?" Harry suggested pointing to the White Christmas album with his jolly face wearing a Santa hat.

"Of course." She smiled. "My mother loves his rendition of Winter Wonderland." She said examining the track list.

"Where are your parents?" Harry asked before his eyes widened. Oh God, what if she recently lost her parents? What if they kicked her out? What if it's a touchy subject?

"Don't look so worried, there's no sob story there." She laughed seeing the panic in his face. "We usually spend Christmas as a family but this year my brother is spending it with his wife and her family and my parents really wanted to go on this Christmas cruise with their friends. One of my high school friends had recently moved over here for a job and was looking for someone to watch her apartment while she went with her boyfriend to his house for Christmas." She explained.

"It's just...you're so into the holiday season that I'm surprised you'd be by yourself." He said slowly.

"I'm not by myself. I've got you here don't I?" She beamed at him.

"Yeah, you've got me." He smiled at her.

"Alright now for this tree!" She said clapping. Harry chuckled and looking towards the tree still wrapped up leaning against the wall. "Let's do this." She said.

"So is your family in London as well?" Piper asked as she prepared some ornaments so he could hang them on the tree.

"No, they're up north in Cheshire." Harry said. "A small village called Holmes Chapel."

"Are they coming down for Christmas or are you going up to them?" She asked. She'd be a bit sad if he left but she'd understand. She kind of liked having him around.

"My mum wants me to go up." He nodded.

"When do you go?" She asked handing him another ornament.

"I...I haven't decided if I'm going to." He said quietly. Piper squeaked in surprise and jumped up so she was standing in front of him.

"Harry Styles! Are you seriously trying to tell me you're thinking about not going home for Christmas?" She demanded.