December 30th

"This sucks." Harry moaned as Piper folded her shirts.

"I know." She agreed.

"I mean do you have to go?" He asked.

"Unfortunately so. The British government would have a bit of a problem if I overstayed." She nodded.

"To hell with them. You should stay here with me! Just...live in my apartment forever." He said.

"And what would I do for money?" She questioned.

"Eh, you don't need that." He said nonchalantly waving his hand.

"Great. So we're going to live in one of the most expensive cities in the world on one income while I'm here illegally. Sounds like a great start to a new relationship; struggling and hiding from the law." She nodded in understanding. "Sounds like a good plan.

"Thanks! Thought of it myself." He smirked, smiling to himself as she broke into a fit of giggles.

"Coming to London was the best decision I ever made." Piper commented.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. This is a beautiful city, Holmes Chapel was pure magic, and I met you; which I'm incredibly thankful for." She smiled at him.

"I'm glad you came too. You truly have changed my life." He said.

"Now come on, don't get all soft and sappy on me now. I kinda liked having my own personal grinch who counteracted my wonderfully bubbly personality." She teased.

"Oi, I'm having a touching moment here." He frowned.

"Whenever you get upset, your accent gets thicker." She noted titling her head. "It gets thick a lot." She said. She closed her eyes with a sigh as she saw the wolfish smirk come over his face.

"Around you? Yes it does!" He grinned.

"I'm telling you, you need a muzzle." She muttered focusing back on her packing.

"Honestly I'm not even surprised that you're so organized. Nothing about you surprises me anymore." He said eyeing her.

"Would you be surprised to find that I was once suspended during high school?" She asked.

"You were?" Well he'd have to take that back, he could never, in a million years, imagine Piper getting suspended.

"Yup! For a whole week." She said. She wasn't proud of what she'd done but she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

"What did you do to get a week's suspension?"

"So this kid, Tommy Holmes, came up to me one day in the hallway. Out of the blue he grabs my hand and bends all my fingers back; for no reason. Of course I yell out in pain and he just laughs at me. I got so angry that I reached out, grabbed his hand, and bent all his fingers back in retaliation. Just so happened that as I was doing that a teacher walked by. We both got sent to the principals office and because of my track record of good behavior I only got the week. Tommy got 3 weeks, one of out of school suspension and the other two were in house suspension where he had to spend all day in the detention room." She explained. Thankfully her parents had understood where she was coming from and weren't too upset with her, her mom had always taught her to stand up for herself, and Andy was ready to beat little Tommy up. Piper had to remind him that doing so wouldn't make anything any better. Andy let it go with mutterings of calling her a hippie and too forgiving.

"Good for you. Sounds like he was being a proper dickhead." Harry grumbled. If he had seen anyone bending Piper's fingers back he wouldn't have hesitated before knocking their lights out.