December 20th

"I did it!" Harry said sitting next to his sister on the couch. They both watched Michal and Anne run around in the snow in the backyard with the girls for a moment. "Why aren't you out there with them?" He asked.

"Too cold for my taste. Besides, he doesn't get to spend much quality time with them cause of work." She said without lookin away. "What did you do?"

"I told Piper how I felt. Sort of." He smiled to himself as Gemma let out a smile and squeak of happiness.

"Proud of you! Did you kiss her?" She asked gripping his arm and shaking him.

"Will you keep it down? I don't want to tell the whole neighborhood." He grumbled.

"First of all, my voice was hardly raised and secondly, it would do the neighborhood some good to know you are actually capable of smiling and feeling joy." She rolled her eyes.

"I've been smiling and laughing the whole time we've been here, what are you talking about?" He frowned.

"Maybe inside the house, but not so much on the outside." Gemma shrugged. "So...did you kiss her?"

"We may have...we may not have." He blushed.

"Ooooh you so kissed her. Did she kiss you back? Did she slap you?"

"Why are you so interested in seeing me get hurt?" Harry questioned.

"Comes with the territory of being an older sibling I think." She smirked at him.

"Remember that when Poppy is interested in Tabby getting hurt. Although, my little flower would never do such a thing." Harry said. "But yes, we kissed." He relented.

"Damn...that means I owe mum £20. Money well spent." She said slapping her knee.

"You two made a bet on me and Piper?" He deadpanned.

"Alright yeah, but I had a thought process to it. Hear me out." Gemma said quickly. "Whenever I make a bet with mum I always end up losing so therefore, I did some reverse psychology on it and bet against you when really I was betting for you!" She said tracing loops with her fingers as she tried explaining it.

"You lost me." Harry said shaking his head.

"Both mum and I wanted you and Piper to admit your feelings somehow yeah?" He nodded. "Alright and whenever I make a bet with mum I always lose yeah?" Again he nodded. "So I turned it around by betting mum that you two wouldn't admit your feelings for each other with the hope of losing again which would mean that you two would admit your feelings for each other." She concluded.

"I see." He said.

"So really, I was doing you a favor. You're welcome." She grinned at him.

"Can't believe you and mum made a bet." He said shaking his head.

"So what happens now? Between you and Piper I mean."

"I don't know." Harry shrugged.

"Why don't you ask her on a date?" Gemma suggested.

"A date?"

"Yeah...you know, that thing that two people who like each other romantically go on in order to get to know each other better." She said sarcastically.

"Oi, enough of that." He said playfully shoving her shoulder. Suddenly the door to the backyard burst open and little Tabitha cane running in, unaffected by the snow she was tracking in.

"Piper Piper Piper!" She yelled running past them. Both siblings looked behind them and saw Piper coming down the stairs.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Piper said just barely catching the toddler barreling into her.