December 13th

"Would you like some help with that?" Piper asked seeing Gemma struggling to hang the heart shaped wreath above the fireplace. Gemma, not expecting anyone, gave a yelp of surprise and just barely caught herself before she fell off the ladder.

"Oh dear, didn't mean to scare you." Piper jumped forward.

"No no, you're fine. Just surprised me that's all." Gemma said straightening up. "Some help would be great. Michal is out with my mum, Robin, and the girls and Harry is..." She trailed off realizing she didn't actually know where he was.

"Still sleeping." Piper finished. She'd gingerly stepped over him, after placing a pillow behind him so he'd roll over on it and hopefully it would give his back the support it desperately needed, as she walked out of the room.

"Gotcha. So I figured I'd do a bit of decorating while they're gone." She said gesturing behind her. She'd already started on the tree before moving to the mantle. "I could use the help though." She said.

"I love decorating! I'm not too shabby at it either, if I were to brag." She said smiling. Gemma laughed and motioned behind her.

"Shall we get started then?"

"You've literally been here less than 48 hours and you've already managed to make it look like Christmas puked all over the house" Harry frowned coming down the stairs.

"Hush. Your sister was decorating when I came down and you were still asleep so I offered to help."

"Didn't think to wake me?" He grumbled.

"Well you weren't so receptive to the idea of decorating back in London so I figured it'd be a similar story here." She shrugged. Harry let out a hmph but didn't respond as he sat on the couch.

"Has he been this grumpy with you since you two met?" Gemma asked from in front of the fireplace.

"Pretty much." Piper confirmed with a nod.

"Why do you even like him? If he's so grumpy all the time?"

"Deep down I know he's a softie. He just doesn't want to admit it." Piper shrugged. "He's even had fun once or twice."

"Awww." Gemma cooed looking between Piper and Harry.

"Enough outta you." Harry groaned. He didn't need his sister to start picking on him over this. Whatever 'this' was.

"And you're sure there's a softie behind all that?" Gemma questioned Piper.

"Positive." She nodded smiling at the frowning man looking between them. "Since you're here, can you straighten this string?" She asked.

"Thought you'd never ask." He said standing up. "Even from back there I could see it was crooked, just didn't want to say anything." He smirked at her.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Piper muttered stepping back.

"Hey, you asked me to help." Harry said side eying her.

"You did, Piper." Gemma pipped up. She watched as they continued their playful banter, flirting in her book, throughout the rest of decorating. Piper gave Harry directions and he complained every chance he got but complied with what she said. Gemma honestly couldn't remember the last time she'd seen her little brother so compliant with someone other than their mother.

"Hello guys. Oh I see you decorated." Anne said walking into the living room with Poppy following her.

"Yeah it was looking a little bare in here. So Piper and I began decorating." Gemma said. 

"Hey! I helped." Harry protested.

"After Piper asked you to." Gemma said.

"Well thank you, all 3 of you." Anne smiled. She shared a knowing look with Gemma before smiling at Piper and Harry. "Don't forget everyone, the tree lighting is tonight." She said.