December 6th

"I figured we could go down to Oxford St. I was told it's quite pretty over there." Piper suggested.

"Sure." Harry shrugged nonchalantly. He really didn't care where they went.

"Well do you have any suggestions." She frowned at him.

"Not really." He shook his head.

"Harry, don't be difficult." She sighed.

"Piper, I truly don't care where we go. Wherever you pick is fine with me." So long as they were together he didn't mind where they went.

"Alright, Oxford St. it is." She said. He nodded with a smile and offered her his arm.

"Shall we?" She smiled up at him and looped her arm through his.

"Alright do you have a list of people we're shopping for today?" Piper asked. Harry grumbled as he pulled a crumbled up list out of his pocket.

"Mum, my step-dad, my sister, brother-in-law, and two nieces." He listed off.

"No friends?" Piper asked. Harry frowned and shook his head.

"I mean I have friends, just don't get them gifts." He shrugged.

"Fair enough."

"So where to first?" Harry asked.

"That's part of the beauty of shopping, you just go with the flow." Piper said.

"First you come at me with 'just knowing' the right Christmas tree and now you're talking about going with the flow for shopping. Do you have a plan for anything you do in life?" Harry frowned.

"Of course I do! I plan for lots of things. But for some things in life, especially around Christmas time, it's more fun to just roll with it. Much more fun and far less stressful that way." She said. Harry rolled his eyes but trudged along side her.

"Would your mother like something like this?" Piper asked holding up a lovely cashmere sweater.

"Uh...I guess." Harry shrugged. They'd been in a couple different stores and Piper managed to find something she asked him about. Honestly he hadn't even begun thinking about what to get each person. December just started for goodness sake.

"Have you thought at all about what you're getting anyone?" She said giving him a knowing glance as she put the sweater back.

"Not really. I mean I usually go out on Christmas Eve and do all my shopping then." He said.

"Harry!" Of course she'd get on his case about that. "By then everything good is already gone and you're just getting something so you can have something under the tree." She chastised him.

"It's usually works." He defended himself.

"Well this year we're going to do something different. Starting today you're going to actually put some thought into your gifts. Difficult for you I'm sure, but you'll survive." She said.

"Do I have to?" He protested.

"Yes!" She said adamantly. "People like it when they can see that you thought about them when picking gifts. Quality, Harry, not quantity." She said.

"I have two nieces that are 6 and 4." Harry deadpanned. "Pretty sure for them it's quantity not quality." He said.

"Perhaps." Piper agreed. "Still, you have other people on your list who are older than 6 years old who, I'm sure, would love a thoughtful gift from you. Not just something you found leftover on the department store rack."

"Fine." He relented. "We can start looking for gifts now. No promises that I'll find anything though, so don't get too excited." He said pointing a finger at her as he saw her smile widening in excitement.

"What about you?" Harry asked. It seemed every storefront display caught Piper's attention and what would've been a quick walk down the street was turning into a big adventure. Piper would stop, thus forcing Harry to stop due to their interlocked arms, and then want to go into the store to marvel some more.

"What about me?" Piper asked distracted. Harry wondered how a a toy train set could  really that fascinating. Did she even like trains?

"Who's on your Christmas list?" He asked.

"Quite a few people. Don't know how I'm going to get it all back if I'm honest." She said. "Mum, dad, my brother Andrew, sister-in-law Heidi, the extended family...and a couple more that are escaping me at the moment." She listed off. "Of course I can't forget my friends, but I usually limit that to less expensive last minute items." She shrugged.

"After all the grief you gave me!" He gasped.

"There's a difference between getting my mum something last minute and my friend something last minute." She said side-eyeing him causing him to shake his head with a small smile.

"Alright fine, I'll give you that." He said.

"I saw an advert for the Winter Wonderland Christmas Market in Hyde park and I was thinking about going there. It looks incredible. Always wanted to go to a Christmas market." She said.

"Yeah I'm sure we can find some gifts there." Harry said thoughtfully. Maybe he could even knock everyone on his list out in one swoop. Toys for the girls, something thoughtful and unique for everyone else. Best idea she's had since they met.

"Who said you were invited?" Piper said teasingly. She watched as a faint flush crept over his cheeks and had to bite on her tongue to keep from grinning at him and calling him adorable.

"I...I-uh." He stuttered. Piper couldn't take it anymore and smiled at him.

"I'm kidding Harry. I'd love to have you there." She said.

"I don't know why I spend my time with you, you get a kick out of tormenting me." He said raising his nose in the air in a huff.

"Only because you make it easy." She said tightening her arms around his arm and leaning into him. Harry only let out a humph as they continued to walk.

"Must there be so many people out?" Harry grumbled as another person bumped into him.

"Must you be so grumpy all the time?" Piper countered easily.

"I just like my personal space and having everyone bump into me puts me in a grumpy mood." He countered. Piper moved to step away from him, in order to give him some personal space, when Harry tightened his grip keeping her against his side. She gave him a questioning glance but he merely gave her a small smile. She returned his smile but didn't say anything else.

"God, it's just so beautiful out here." Piper said with a happy sigh as she took in the lights wrapped around the trees lining the street and the lights that hung above the street. Some store fronts even hung lights or Christmas trees or wreaths outside.

"They're just lights Piper."

"Harry, you're going to honestly tell me when you look up and see all the pretty decorations you don't get a teensy bit happy?" Piper questioned. Harry watched her as she looked around seemingly undecided on where to look first. "Not even a little bit?"

"Yeah, sure, a bit." He said. Watching her get excited about the lights was enough for him. He was happy watching her be happy.

"I think the lights might be my favorite part." Piper said. "Well maybe not. I think the whole mindset of Christmas is my favorite. Everyone just seems to be in a better mood. Children get to play in the snow before going inside and bake some cookie. Couples can go ice skating or can decorate a tree together. Parents seeing the joy in their children's eyes as they look in wonder at the displays in shop windows. Oh, and you can't forget meeting Santa Claus." She said beaming at him. "Really, it's hard to choose though."

"I'll bet you took a photo with Santa Claus every year." Harry said.

"Of course. Also, my dad played Santa for a couple years at the local mall so it made it easy." She shrugged.

"Why am I not surprised your whole family is into Christmas." Harry sighed.

"What can I say? The Kendrick clan are a jolly bunch." She smirked.