December 29th

"It was weird not waking up to you this morning." Harry said as Piper let him into her apartment.

"Yeah it was weird for me too." She said sadly. "Although it was nice to not have to worry about snoring." She chuckled.

"It was nice to have more than a mere sliver of the edge of the bed." Harry shot back.

"Mr. Styles!" Piper gasped. "Are you saying I'm a bed hog?" She asked, dramatically clutching her chest.

"Your words, not mine." He smirked. "I will say, though, that on more than one occasion I look over your shoulder and see at least a fourth of the bed free." He laughed.

"I like snuggling up to you. It's not my fault you always seem to run away." She shrugged.

"I get hot." He defended. "I get hot, scoot over to cool down and you follow me, which results in a lot of the bed being free." He explained.

"Eh, what can I do?" She asked. "You're comfy." She said and he laughed.

"You're taking down the Christmas decorations?" He asked noticing the garland was neatly wrapped in a box and some of the ornaments were laying on the coffee table.

"Unfortunately I am. Saddest part of Christmas time, realizing it's over." She nodded. "I have to get everything cleaned up before my flight." She mumbled. "That and the tree pick up service comes by tomorrow."

"Oh." When they were in Holmes Chapel, Harry was almost able to forget that she was leaving, except for yesterday when it was all but shoved in his face. Now that they were faced with the harsh reality back in London, it was hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"Yeah." She said sadly.

"Do you want some help?" He offered.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She smiled at him. They worked in a seamless silence as they took down and boxed up the ornaments and garland.

"I'd like to take these ornaments if you don't mind." Harry said eyeing the box at his feet. "I'll put them on my tree next year." He said.

"Are you actually going to have a tree next year?" Piper asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"I think I will." He smiled at her. She smiled at him and nodded triumphantly, happy with herself that she'd gotten him to not hate Christmas as much.

"Careful, some might actually think you were able to get into the Christmas spirit this year. What would that do to your grinch reputation?" She teased.

"Oi, I do not have a grinch reputation. I just don't celebrate as heartily as some do." He said pointedly looking at her.

"Well, in all fairness, not many people do celebrate as heartily as I do. I was pretty darn tame this year, being in a different country and with new people. I am definitely much more in the holiday spirit." She said.

"Really? Don't tell me you toned it down for me." He shook his head. "I'd like to see you in your element." He said. He imagined just how far she typically went at Christmas time.

"One Christmas I'll show you." She promised.

"I'm holding you to that you know." He said.

"Good." She smiled. She liked that they were making promises to spend more time together. It meant that neither of them were ready for this, whatever it was, to be over; despite the obvious obstacles to come.

"Alright well I'm starving so what do you say to food after we're done here? I can finally cook you something." He suggested.

"Woah, First you're admitting to enjoying Christmas and now you're actually going to cook something? What's next? Are you going to serenade me during dinner?" She asked.