December 15th

"What's going on here?" Harry asked upon seeing his mum, his sister, and Piper all bundled up.

"We're taking Piper to tea." Anne said.

"Didn't think to ask if I wanted to go?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"This is a girls trip Harry." Gemma countered. "You don't see Michal or Robin with us." She sassed.

"So? I like tea." He argued.

"There's a kettle in the kitchen my love." Anne smirked at him.

"Piper!" He tried one last effort.

"Sorry Harry, I think I'm being unofficially kidnapped." She shrugged. She'd love it if he came with them, but his mother and sister were adamant about getting to know her without Harry hovering over them.

"Well what am I supposed to do all day?" He asked.

"First off, we're not going to be gone all day doofus and secondly, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself." Gemma said rolling her eyes.

"Oh don't I know it." He smirked while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Why do you even like him?" Gemma asked Piper. "He's so gross!"

"Alright you two." Anne stepped in. "Harry, don't be gross and Gemma, don't call your brother a doofus." Anne said. She sighed and shook her head as her two children stuck their tongues out at each other like they were 5.

"So, Piper, tell me about yourself?" Anne asked sipping her tea. Piper was so busy looking around at all the decorations inside the tea house that she almost missed the question.

"I'm sorry?" She blushed. "Sorry, got distracted."

"It's no worries, I asked the typical 'tell me about yourself' question." Anne reiterated.

"Well I believe I mentioned that I work in publishing and I'm from New Hampshire."

"Nobody told me." Gemma cut in.

"It was while we were washing dishes." Anne told her. "Continue."

"Right...umm well I have an older brother." She said struggling to think of something to say.

"How did you convince Harry to come up here?" Anne asked suddenly.

"What?" Both Gemma and Piper asked at the same time.

"I know it was you who ultimately convinced him. How did you do it?"

"I don't know. Just told him that it was unfathomable that he would consider spending Christmas time away from family. Don't think I really did much." She shrugged.

"He brought you with him." Anne nodded.

"He did. Showed up at my apartment, well not really mine per say, and begged me to come with him. That Christmas wouldn't be the same if I was back in London." Piper recounted looking between the two women before her.

"Thank you." Anne said sincerely.

"For what?" She asked.

"My son, he's a wonderful man with a big heart, but he's been so...in a bad mood, recently and part of me wondered if he'd ever come out of it." Anne started.

"Mum." Gemma said sensing her mother was about to get sentimental.

"No I'm fine." Anne waved her off. "Anyways, when we picked him up from the train station I already could sense there was something different about him; lighter." She shook her head. "Then he introduced us, with you tucked into his side, and I knew why. You make my son happy Piper, probably happier than he's been in a long time, and I cannot thank you enough for that."