December 10th

"I'll come up for Christmas." Harry said first thing when he called his mother.

"You will?" She asked happily.

"Yeah, I was convinced yesterday." He said.

"Oh?" She asked. She had a feeling it wasn't just her that managed to convince him. She'd be sure to ask him about it when he arrived.

"Yeah." He said.

"Well I'm glad. When can we expect you?"

"I'll start packing and head up later today." He said. "Shouldn't take me too long to get up there so probably by tonight."

"Wonderful. I'm glad you're coming up son." She said. She really would've missed him had he not come up.

"Me too mum." 

"I'll start getting your room ready for when you get here." 

"Sounds good mum." 

Taking one last look at the tree, after making sure to unplug it, Harry locked up his flat and made his way to his car. 

"Not looking so hot these days ol' gal." He mumbled as he tried a couple times to get the engine to start. 

Looking up Harry noticed he was approaching the turnoff for Piper's flat. The thought of leaving Piper behind left an unsettled feeling in Harry's tummy and he made a detour to her flat.

"Harry?" Piper wasn't expecting him at her door.

"Hey, yeah I should've called or something, but I decided to go home to Holmes Chapel for Christmas." He said.

"That's great!" Piper pushed the tightening of her tummy down.

"Yeah...I just..." He stammered. How could he vocalize what he was trying to say without sounding completely out of his mind.

"What is it?" She pressed.

"So I know you said I don't have anything here in London keeping me here, but that's a lie. I've got you." Harry rushed.

"What?" Piper asked confused. 

"I've got you keeping me here. Come with me." He said.

"I can't go home with you. Your mother will think that's weird." She argued. She was going to miss him like crazy but it would be weird to go home with him for Christmas, that was a time for family and regardless of how well they were getting along, they weren't family.

"Please, come up to Holmes Chapel with me. I know it won't be the same without you." He would just revert back to his grouchy self without her with him . 

"Harry I can't. I appreciate the offer but it wouldn't be right." Piper shook her head. Harry sighed before stepping inside and dropping his bag before taking off his coat. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"You wanna watch a movie or something?" He asked plopping down on the couch. He frowned as he hit one of the uncomfortable throw pillows she had for decoration. Useless things in his opinion.

"Aren't you supposed to be going home?" She asked.

"If you're not gonna go with me I'll just stay here with you." He shrugged like it was no big deal. God he hopes this works, he'd really hate to have to tell his mother that he wasn't coming up after all. He's sure she'd skin him alive if he did that.