Chapter Twenty-Eight

[TJ's POV]

"Move! Move! Move!" I commanded as they filed down the staircase. Marvin told us the possible location of the antidotes and we're already on the move towards it as a dozen Assassins tried to shoot us. I locked the steel door shut the moment they started shooting.

"Left corrider!" Eyes yelled and everyone suited. He was leading since he has great memory. "Turn right!" he yelled once more. "Third door!"

They all piled outside the door, not really opening at all. I pushed through the crowd of a dozen men. I looked at the touch pad, knowing it was well sealed as any top security facility. I looked at the key and punched a couple of numbers. It opened. I smirked and motioned for everyone to go inside, Eyes was staring at me like I was some sort of mutant that can change into an animal, which I was. I shrugged and told him to go inside.

We have attempted this before though. That's why we know what we're dealing with, but never attempted it on this large a scale. We never attempted to bomb the wall down if it wasn't a necessary distraction.

There are crates and crates of vials. We knew exactly what we're looking for though so we didn't have any trouble taking a few crates of vials without hesitating. The room was bathed in a green light, it's an indicator that it's radioactive. Scientists usually come in here and wear these suits that won't be easily penetrated by the radiation.

Marvin told us this room was the place where the nuts (scientists) were keeping their precious experiments. Injecting people with various serums that it's just a miracle that they have no conscience whatsoever. They always thought this will help us, make us a better version of ourselves.

We don't need radioactive suits, we're already a ticking nuclear weapon anyways. We suddenly felt a tremor outside, they're bombing us, letting nukes fall from the skies. Looks like everyone is evacuated, and they have no problem exploding our guts.

"File out! File out!" I motioned people through the door. I told Eyes to scan the perimeter and give us a feedback on what we're dealing with. I took two crates myself and ran to the rendezvous point. Knowing Leo would be back with two other people. We all ran in the comforts of the shadows. Eyes steered us away from the people and he helped me with my other crate and we ran. Avoiding the gunshots as we left.

She should have been here right now, we stopped for a couple of minutes to catch our breaths and ran as fast as we could past the wall carrying the crates with their mouths as they bounded in Mongrel form past the fallen wall.

Damnit Leo, where the hell are you?!

[Leo's POV]

"Huh, so this is your idea of fun? You must be a sad guy." I glared at him. Stepping as far away from him as possible. Marvin stepping back and shielding me with his body.

"Trust me, taking away your precious little lives is better than living any day." he chuckled.

"Why did you create Mongrels and then planned on destroying them!"

"You're weapons of the government that went haywire, when an animal gets too rabid, you shoot it down and you grant it the mercy of putting it out of its misery."

"It is a living and breathing thing! Who are you to kill it?!"

"It's creator! I have every right to destroy what I have started."

"What you have started?!"

"I was the one who suggested to my father to put it to test. I was the one who had the idea and the scientist they only took credit for it when it was done. But my family knew the greatness that I had offered. They could never have been more proud."

"Then why not just give us the antidote if all of you are so worried we'll go haywire?"

"The antidote won't work if the serum is buried deep within your DNA. It will be unravelling your very being, you'd be long gone by the time you get your hands on it. So, we kill you instead."

 "Why did you take them? Why did you take Stephanie and Trey?!" the question just rolling off of my tongue. It's been crazy, and everything that I'm finding out isn't really what I needed to know but I needed to stall.

"Bait of course, we needed you here. You're our latest experiment of course."

"Why did you take us in the first place?! Why us?!" I asked.

"You don't know? Well we took you for reasons that only your father could answer."

"Leave them alone, Mask!" Trey strangled with his bonds.

"Oh, poor, poor Trey. Don't you get it? Ever since that day that you committed, they are our properties." he said, you can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"We aren't anybody's property." Marvin hissed. Looking for a way out of the room.

The room was exactly the one we were first held in. Small and white. No way out except a door that slides open.

"Marvin, haven't you learned anything yet? There is no escaping us. You will never make it out of here with her in tow." he said pointing in my direction. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What's he talking about, Vin?"

"You haven't told her? This is just gold." he chuckled, I stepped further back to help Trey with his bonds. Marvin seemed to notice.

"Haven't told her what?" Marvin asked casually, stepping closer to him to block most of his view. I turned my hands into paws, scratching the metal off of Trey's arms.

"That she's good as dead on Royale soil." he said, I perked at the sound of that and turned to him, completely forgetting the task at hand.

"If there's anyone who is good as dead, it's you." I hissed, turning back to Trey but he was free.

"Why did you even free him? It's not like you're getting out of here anyway." he scoffed. I glared at him and nodded at Marvin and then at the same time we lashed out at him in mongrel form. He seemed shocked too, so we had an advantage. I tore his uniform and bit his helmet. Trey was already out the door, I left everything to Marvin knowing he has it and cleared the halls. They were empty.

We went to find Stephanie, and found her not too far from that room. Everything was white and she had tons of macines and tubes connected to her, and her womb. Trey and I did our best to carry her out of the room. She was unconscious, and no one seemed to be monitoring her. I went out and looked for Marvin only to find him standing over the still body of the Mask. I smirked, and told him he did a pretty good job.

He was leaving though, when all of a sudden blood spilled from his lips and the color drained from his face.

"Run." he sputtered blood out and I stared in horror as he fell face first on the ground, the moment his body fell I saw the helmetless face of the Mask and I was even more horrified.

"You're next." Loki smirked.