Chapter Eighteen

[Leo's POV]

"Alright men, this is the night all of you have waited for, tonight we strike Royale." TJ announced. Everyone cheered. I smirk at this, after everything that I have found out I am determined to bring my brother back and have Royale crashing and burning at my feet.

Not only did they made my life impossible to bear with but they also kidnapped me and my so called family. Believe it or not I am more than concerned about them, especially Marvin, being the bait wasn't exactly the most appealing thing in the entire world and I know how that feels.

I'm not the only Mongrel.

He does not know how much I'm happy he told me that, I thought... I thought I was the only one but turns out there's a whole gang full of them. My eyes roamed around the whole place, they all had animalistic characteristics.

Why haven't I noticed that before?

TJ was giving the whole gang a pep-talk - at least what's close to a pep-talk knowing him - before the battle, like every other leader should, and right now I couldn't care less than to listen, my mind wandered off to many things and I really desperately need to get a hold of my brother and find some answers because...

I have a feeling there's more to this mongrel thing than I was actually expecting.

A lot more.

"What are you thinking about?" I nearly jumped ten feet in the air if my reflexes didn't stop me, as steadily as I can with my racing heart, I turn around to face Eyes who was mere inches from my face, I took a step back and glared at him. He smiles at this. If I were him he shouldn't be doing that or I would kick him where it counts.

"It's none of your business Eyes, shouldn't you be over there? You're TJ's right hand aren't you?" I hissed. 

"No, he already has a right hand, I'm his right hand man, I'm nowhere near a hand." he smirked and he took a step so our noses were practically touching.

"Oh shut your fucking mouth already, stop being such a smart-ass." I looked back at the meeting but everyone was ready to go grab their guns and just attack.

"You were asking, your question was just seriously flawed." he chuckled and he stepped beside me so our shoulders were touching. Out of the corner of my eye I saw his skin change and ripple for a mere second until it was gone.

"Don't start with me Eyes, I'm so not in the mood right now." I muttered. I wonder why that happens and before I can even stop myself I found myself asking. "Why does your skin ripple like that?"

He seemed to be caught off guard and his skin rippled again until he got a little bit of control back. "What? Why would you say that? Skin does not ripple, you have to be something other than human to have your skin rippling."

I turn to him and look over at him, I raised an eyebrow questioningly. "What did you just say? You're not human, that's why your skin rippled, genius."

"I'm human, my skin did not ripple okay? I'm not a freak."

"Stop playing like you don't know I'm right, TJ already told me everything and I was just merely curious why that kind of thing happens to Mongrels."

There was silence by my side and for a moment I thought he fell asleep or something but when I looked at him, he had wide eyes, his mouth formed a small O and he was just plain stunned.