Chapter Nine

[Leo's POV]

My eyesight was tinted yellow, I looked around and suddenly there was this haze by the corners of my vision, I can feel my heart pounding, my arms and feet bounding on the pavement as hard and quick as they could take me.

What was happening to me exactly? What happened to me? Where was I even going? A sound errupts from my throat and vaguely realize I am thrown off course. I skid to a halt and I ready to pounce. I was leopard, my eyes widen.

I looked around and found the gang staring at me, wide eyed with wonder and amazement, it was freaky that I know what I am, as far as I was concerned leopards were instict, very long ago. I bared my teeth, feeling the sudden urge to protect myself from them.

They all advanced towards me, I held my ground and sized them up, I barely recognize their faces with the blur covering my eyes. I tried to focus though, leopards are supposed to have sharp vision right? I took a step back once I realized what the guy in front of me is reaching for: a gun. I pounced the moment he got his hand out of his pocket. I snapped my teeth at his face as he wriggled helplessly underneath me. I put all of my weight down and push him down securely.

Why I was still thinking like a human being I have no idea. Suddenly I am hurdled towards the wall. I land with an 'oomph' the air leaving from my lungs. I suddenly stood up, shaking a bit as I held my ground to face whoever did that to me.

My eyes widen once I realized who shot me, the impact was so strong that it caused me to fly and hit the wall, it was TJ that shot me with a kind of gun I have never seen before. I bared my teeth suddenly remembering that this leader is the reason why my home got stolen.

I took a shaky step forward and another until I was building up speed and pounced on him with all my weight. He wrestled me, he was strong but I was heavier for him to take on alone, in an instant practically the whole gang was there on me, surrounding me and looking at me. I snapped my teeth and let out a shriek.

I was daring them to touch me, I started rolling off on top of TJ though, I was surprised he had such strenght, I land on all fours and went into fighting stance and that's when they all started shooting me. The bullets whiz past my dotted skin, I howl in pain as I tried to avoid their strikes but that didn't end well, it all went down the drain. There were too many of them, I can't fend them off that easily.

I ran as fast as I could past them and over their heads as I tried to navigate my way from my memory. I turned left and right, my vision becoming slightly sharper, blood trails beneath my feet and I mentally cursed at myself, they would easily track me down, if I had a quick shower I might lose them.

The sound of thunder suddenly filled my ears, if leopards can grin I think I just did. I bounded right and found the exit the other women took, I was about to step outside when suddenly a bullet whizzed pass my ear, grazing it, I do a 360 turn and found TJ stretching, getting all warmed up.

I took a step back, the gun aimed at me, he was going to shoot me but there was something I saw in his eyes, hesitation. Another step back and felt the cold water hit my fur, I took a step back and ran for my life.

[TJ's POV]

"Damnit!" I swore out loud. I reloaded the gun. I was about to shoot the beast but I didn't what the hell was wrong with me?! I groaned in frustration. I threw the gun and clashed with the ground, the thunder bellowed again, there was something oddly familiar about that beast, I wonder what it was or how did it even got here in the first place. I shook my head and hacked at my hair, I was pissed.

"TJ!" I heard my nickname and I turned to find Eyes, he was panting, he barely panted, my eyebrows furrowed, what was going on? Whatever it was, it must be something serious. His eyes are full of worry and concern.

"What?!" I snapped at him. He held on to his knees, he wheezed and straightened, his blue eyes sparkling.

"They escaped!" he exclaimed. My eyebrows shoot up. He seemed to notice and elaborated. "The women! They escaped!"

My eyes widen and turned into the size of saucers. "WHAT?! HOW?!" I yelled on top of my lungs. The thunder boomed through the skies and the downpour of water distantly heard.

"I don't know, they must've... wait a second that's not why I'm here!" he shook his head and gave me a pointed look. I gave him a questioning look. What could be more important than those that we're selling?! We have no money and all of us eat more than three meals a day, I can't support all of us without money!

"What could possibly be more important?!" I bellowed, he barely flinched and gave me a stern look.

"I bear much graver news." he said slowly, I got annoyed quickly and I tend to point the gun at the person annoying me the most and shoot, I barely pulled the trigger before I came to my senses. 

"Spit it out then!" I yelled. He stared into my eyes and said indeed the much graver news.

"Leo is gone."