Chapter 1 - New House

Alistairs POV

Today's weather seemed to reflect my mood perfectly. Dark and gloomy with a touch of rain. Driving up into my new houses driveway, I resisted the urge to glare at the overly happy man already standing outside. I parked and jumped out of my van, praying Comet wouldn't try to make a leap of faith to get out.

I flipped my hair into my eyes, hoping to keep the realtors annoyingly happy face out of my field of view. "Hello Mr. Drake! It's good to see you again." He said with too much excitement.

"Hi." I mumbled out.

"Here are the remaining papers you need to sign!" He said passing me a clipboard and pen.

I grabbed it without looking up at him and proceeded to sloppily sign my name on a few pages. Just as I was about to hand the clipboard back a name caught mg attention. Selah Morris. According to this paper she moved out about a month after moving in.

"Why did Selah Morris move out?" I questioned looking up at the realtor though my long hair.

"She didn't." He said losing the smile I had grown accustomed to hating him for.

"What?" I asked when he didn't continue.

He let out a sigh before saying, "Almost a month after moving in she disappeared. No one knows what happened. The case stumped the cops and none of Selahs relatives had even heard from her in years."

"Oh." Was all I could come up with to say. We stood in silence for a few more moments before the realtor particaly gained back his smile and grabbed the clipboard from me.

"Well, I will let you get settled into your new house." He said already starting to get into his car. I nodded my head and watched as he drove off.
I rushed over to my van and pulled open the sliding door to let out my two big balls of white fluff, Domino and Comet. They ran around excitedly seeing as though we had only been here once before, very briefly.

I quickly moved everything that wasn't already here, into the house. Looking up at the sky, I called in the dogs. It was about to rain. They made quick work of exploring the house and were back to following me around as soon as I had made a path for myself though all the furniture the movers had brought in. It was just around dinner time for me. I pulled out some dog food for Domino and Comet and let them chow down while I searched for some myself. I walked into the kitchen and opened up the big stainless steel fridge. I was very much surprised to find an in-date half full milk jug and some old apples. An idea popped into my head and I ran and grabbed one of my bags. I pulled out a small box of Captain Crunch, found a lone bowl in one of cabnits and found a spork. Thanking Taco Bell, I ate my cereal while scoping out which room I would make my bedroom.

The house was pretty big but it was easy to choose which room I wanted. I finished my cereal and got started on the slow process of moving furniture.

Four agonizing hours later and everything was relatively done. I moved quite a lot so I didn't really have much to put away. The dogs finally noticed me being finished and ran up to me, clearly wanting to play. I gave them my rare smile and grabbed a ball from their toy basket.

"Fetch boys!" I said once I threw the ball. They went running for it and after a bit of play fighting, Domino let Comet have it. They may be twins but Domino was definitely the more mature one. After a few more throws, Comet let out a whine to alert me that he and probably Domino also, needed to go to the bathroom.

I opened the back door, that I had somehow just seen, and went out with them. I made a mental note to check out the crazy tall fence and the part of the forest that seemed to be trapped by it. As we walked back in, I glanced over at a clock and read 11:02. I sighed and gathered up the toys Domino and Comet had gotten out and put my bowl into the dish washer. I called the dogs up the stairs with me and let them into my room. I did my bathroom duties and climbed into bed.

"Comon guys, up up." I said softly, patting the bed next to me. They jumped up and curled themselves around me. I curled in on myself and closed my eyes, hoping that the night would pass calmly.

I opened my eyes to find myself in a car. And not just any car, my mother's newest bright white car. I looked up to my father and mother, only to not see them there. All of a sudden I was thrown into darkness and when I could see again, I was turned upside down. Someone was screaming. A red substance was starting to build up under me and had begun to connect with another puddle of red. Time seemed to slow down as my eyes followed to path of red right to my mother and fathers snow white, lifeless faces. The scream got louder and louder and I soon recognized the voice. It was mine.

I woke up in a panic, a scream slipping passed my lips. I sat up and ran my hands over my face where a cold sweat had begun to form. I looked around the dark room to find Domino staring up at me and Comet peeking his head through the crack in the door. I gave Domino a pat on the head and pulled myself out of bed. I went right to the shower, hoping to wash away the nightmare.

The boys were waiting for me when I got out and finished getting dressed in a oversized t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I left my blonde hair pushed back to keep the wet locks out of my eyes for the time being and made my way down the stairs with the dogs hot on my heels. I brought out some food for them and grabbed myself some more cereal. I checked the time, 10:40; not too bad. As I ate, I looked out the back door, picking out which side of the fence I would start my examination of.

-----
The house in the picture is somewhat how I envision Alistairs but the backyard is totally different