Chapter 25 - New Powers x2

Alistair's POV

"If you go back through this hallway, you'll be back in the throne room. The first layer is basically a circle." I said, trying my best to explain the layout of the caslte even further to Ryuu. I had taken Selah and Ryuu on a tour before but for the sake of time, I didn't go in depth. Now what Ryuu knew, really mattered.

Xander was no help what-so-ever. He had dissapeared as soon as the rain started, mumbling about leaving a window open. Since then, I have been on my own trying to explain things. Selah was slowing us down even more by wanting to reexamine everything she has looked at last time.

I began walking towards a door I knew would lead to the more confusing part of the caslte when a loud crash echoed into the hallway. My eyes met the confused ones of Selah then Ryuu, our brains working in over time to try and pin point the noise. We wasted no more time standing around when a scream sounded from outside.

I raced down the hallway and through the door I had just pointed out moments ago. We entered into the throne room and made a beeline for the big front door. I pushed against it, opening it as fast as I could. Once outside, my eyes widened to the size of saucers at the scene.

I watched in shock as spears were thrown and arrows were shot at a large gray dragon hovering in the sky. A wooden building near the castle was burning, the flame growing higher and higher by the second.

The dragon roared in pain when an arrow pierced it's right wing. Reacting in anger, the dragon shot another stream of fire from its mouth at the already burning house. The elves trying to put the fire out, jumped out of the way of the intense flames.

I raced towards the elves that had fallen to the ground and helped them up, wanting to get them out of the dragons line of fire. I rushed to the commanding guard, the one leading the attack on the dragon. I grabbed his shoulder, catching his attention.

"King Alistair! You must get back in the castle. We will handle the dragon." The commander yelled over the dragons roars and the screams and shouts of the elven people.

"What happened?" I asked, ignoring his pleas.

"My guards were leading the dragon back to where the other dragons were and he said he stepped on its tail. He said it hit him and he retaliated. That all I know, now please get back in the castle!" The commander shouted at the end when the dragon screeched. I shook my head no and looked out at the guards holding the weapons.

"Call them off." I said, catching the commander off guard.

"What?"

"Call your men off." I repeated.

"Are you crazy?! It will destroy us!" The commander said, looking at me like I had grown a second head.

"Don't forget who your talking to." I said, semi-angrily. I had learned that I had to use force at time or the elves would never listen to me. The commanders eyes widened and he quickly nodded his head. He walked closer to the group of guards before yelling.

"Retreat! Put down your weapons!" He yelled, gaining confused looks from everyone.

There was another mighty roar causing me to turn my head back towards the furious dragon. I gasped when I saw him making a circle, something I had seen the baby dragons do before the dove into the pond water. In seconds, the dragon had made the drive, heading straight for the occupied guards.

"Stop!" I screamed, running forward and holding out my hand. The dragon froze in place, it's green eyes turning to bright glowing blue. I look down when I see the same blue coming from the amulet. My eyes caught sight of my appearance in a muddied puddle, showing that my own emerald green eyes had turned the same glowing blue.

So it was true. The amulet had more powers than I possibly could have thought. I took a deep breath, fighting off the gaining panicked feelings crawling up my spine.

"Sit down and calm down." I ordered, staring at the gray dragon. He lowered to the ground, showing no emotion whatsoever. I frowned, hating the feeling of controlling him this way.

I ignored the prying eyes off the elves and ran at Selah and Ryuu who were still standing on the front steps of the castle, looking shocked and surprised. I pulled Varon from Selahs arms and rushed him to the burning building where the elves were still trying to put it out.

"Do your thing Varon." I said, holding him up so he could fly from my hands. Varon opened his mouth, making a few of the elves stumble back before only water sprayed out. Varon used his powers to get as much of the fire out as he could before flying inside and doing the same. After a few minutes, he flew back out and landed on my shoulder.

"Thank you buddy." I said, making my way to the dragon still sitting in the middle of the street. "Let's take this guy somewhere else." Varon got what I was saying and grew bigger. I slipped onto his back, getting ready to command the dragon to follow me.

"Alistair! Wait!" Selah yelled. I turned back towards her, inwardly cursing because I really didn't want to talk to anyone right now. "Why didn't you tell us that the amulet could do that?"

"I didn't know if it really could or not." I said, looking down. I should have just told them.

"That's insane." Ryuu whispered, more to himself.

"I'll explain everything when I get back. I promise." I said, hoping Ryuu and Selah would just go back to the castle.

"Okay. We'll be here." Selah said, nodding her head but still looking unhappy.

"Follow." I ordered the gray dragon. Varon took off into the sky, the gray dragon following behind us.

-----
The ending off this felt really off so idk if I'll change it at some point
Hope you like it!
Picture is Selah - FC is Emma Stone