Chapter 16 - New Surroundings

Alistiar's POV

"Hey, your thingy is glowing again." Ryuu commented, pointing at my chest. I glanced down and nodded.

"Thanks, I'll be back." I said, jumping to my feet and grabbing my stocked up backpack. Once I realized that dragons had started going to the pond to find me, I had been making regular trips there. That also meant I had to always have stuff in my bag.

Varon, Soren and Fane flew out the door behind me. Half way though the walk to the lake, they all shrunk down and hid themselves away to sleep in my hoodie.

I rounded the corner to the pond and rushed to the aid of a small blue dragon. Her foot seemed to be burned around the bottom. A fight between another dragon must have occurred. I sat down on my knees and began to pull some cloth and gauze from my bag.

"Hey little girl, I'm here to help." I said softly, holding out my hand so she could sniff it. She rubbed her face against my hand and I took that as my queue to begin. I got the cloth wet and dabbed it on the burned area. I pulled out a small container of clear cream Selah said would help numb the pain. I rubbed some on her foot and wrapped it in the gauze.

She gave me an appreciative squawk before flying off. I smiled and stuffed everything back into my bag. I stood and gasped when I came face to face with someone else's body. I stepped backwards, almost falling into the pond. The person's arm shot out and grabbed onto mine. Their grip tightened, without a doubt leaving a bruise.

"State your business." The tall male commanded.

"Uhh..." That was all I could come up with. My eyes traveled up to his face, immediately recognizing him as an elf. If the height didn't give him away then the pointed ears surely would.

"Answer me!" The elf yelled, tightening his grip impossibly more.

"I was just helping the dragon." I stuttered, shrinking in on myself.

"Who are you?" The elf growled out.

"Alistair." The elf narrowed his eyes.

"We gave no permission for anyone to be outside the castle walls. You are trespassing on the Kings land." The elf said, pulling me towards two other elves. I began to panic when they put me in shackles.

"Wait! No! I don't li-" I stopped myself from continuing. I couldn't tell them about Selah and Ryuu. The elves ignored my shouts and pulled against the chains to keep me moving. Instead of walking through the forest the way I came, they went around it. Before I knew it, I was lost. The elves marched on with a mission but the surroundings to me were completely foreign. I had never been out this far away from Selahs small home.

One of the elves gave another harsh tug to the chains holding me. I winced, feeling it push into my skin.

"Keep moving." The elf leading me barked when I tripped over a rock wedged in the ground. I was quickly growing tired and it was clear we weren't stopping anytime soon. We had been walking for over an hour for sure. Elves must have an increased stamina amount compared to humans.

My heart started beating faster when the castle came into view and before I knew it we were gaining on the walls surrounding it. The walls were huge and a dark gray in color. We walked up to the big gates and they opened at the sight of us. The elves leading me nodded at the elf maning the gate. He glared at me as we passed.

My eyes went wide as we entered. Inside the walls were hundreds of houses, all varying in color and shape. Even with the vibrant colors, the place looked vacant. The few elves we passed either glared, looked terrified or looked plain sorry for me. They looked at me almost as though they knew what was going to happen to me. I couldn't help but plead with my eyes for one of them to help me.

The three elves led me all the way though the elf city, straight up to the castle. The closer we got to the castle, the more elf guards I saw. My breath caught in my throat when we finally made it to the front gates of the castle. One guard pushed them open while the others yanked me inside. They lead me through a few halls, each one I committed to memory, and into a huge room. Sitting on a big throne, against the far wall was a man. He had flawless pale skin and sheer white long, straight hair. His eyes were a piercing blue, a color that would be pretty on anyone else but on him they looked sinister.

He stood when we walked in and the three elves kneeled on the hard stone floor, pulling me roughly down with them. The man, who I'm sure was the king, sat down. The elves pulled me into a standing position after.

"Who is this?" The Elf King questioned, disgust lacing his words.

"He called himself Alistair." The elf holding me answered.

"Odd name." The king commented, leaning to the side. Suddenly, my amulet started glowing a soft blue. The glow could clearly be seen from out of my hoodies collar. The kings eyes widened. He stood quickly and rushed at me. I tried stepping backwards but was held in my place by a guard. The Elf King gripped the front of my hoodie and hooked his cold fingers on the chain of the amulet. He smiled and ripped it over my head, causing my blonde hair to fall into my eyes.

"Hey! That's mine!" I yelled, hating the idea that someone else had the amulet. The king ignored me and held the amulet up to the fire lighting the room.

"Where did you get this?" The king asked, turning to look at me. I couldn't tell him about the pond.

"My mother gave it to me." I quickly said, lying right through my teeth. One of the few things I was good at. The king only hummed in response and walked slowly back up to his throne.

"Throw him in the cellars. Give him a good treatment." The king commanded, waving his hand. My breathing increased when the elves started leading me to a door at the side of the room. I didn't know how I was going to get out of this.

-----
So the elves have caught Alistair and the king now has the amulet. Scary stuff man
Hope you like it!