Chapter 8 - New Drawings

Alistair's POV

I woke up from my way too long sleep from a barely there nightmare. I ran my hands down my face, wipeing away a few drops of sweat. I peeked down at the dogs on the bed, seeing them already watching me intently. I turned over to try and go back to sleep but when a tongue ran across my cheek, I knew I'd never be able to.

"Okay, okay, I'm getting up." I said, pushing Comet away so I could sit up. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and slid off, pulling the blanket around my shoulders with me. I shuffled to the bathroom and did everything I needed to in there. I threw on some random clothes before walking downstairs to get everyone fed, including myself. I finished feeding the dragons and dogs before getting some cereal out for myself.

Once I finished eating, I walked into the living room. I grabbed the softest blanket before beckoning the dogs up onto the couch with me. As I flipped on Netflix, ready to binge The Flash, Emerald flew up with us. Halfway through the second season, I started getting bored. I was really starting to miss the baby dragons. While they were a handful, they had made my days interesting. I never knew what to expect.

I turned off the tv before groaning outloud and sliding off the couch, onto the floor. The dogs jumped down on top of me, wanting to play and I decided to just go with it.

"Bring me a toy." I said. Comet and Domino ran off, tails wagging before coming back. Each with a toy in their mouths. Comet had a ball in his mouth while Domino had a rope. I grabbed the ball out of Comets mouth before throwing it and yelling, "Fetch!" As Comet ran off, I grabbed one end of Dominos rope. We started a game of tug-of-war, him winning just as Comet brought his ball back. I threw the ball again and as I turned to play with Domino, I saw Emerald playing with him. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. We played for awhile longer before the dogs wanted to go out.

I let them out, leaving the back door open a crack so they could come in when they wanted. I stood in the kitchen for a few minutes, unsure of what to do before getting an idea. I rushed up the stairs, going into my room. I walked over to my closet, pulling the door open and looking at the mess of clothes and unopened boxes. I pulled out one of the unlabeled boxes and started digging through it.

Finally I found what I was looking for. My sketchbook. I hadn't touched it in a year or so but I didn't think I'd be too rusty. I walked across the hall, into the computer room and pulled the computer chair over to the picture wall. I grabbed a pencil and sat indian stlye in it, setting my sketchbook down in my lap. I grabbed the picture of Emerald off the wall and started sketching.

After a few minutes of sketching I heard the dogs running up the stairs. I swiveled around in the chair, facing the door. "Sit." I commanded as they ran in and they immediately did as they were told. I pulled my phone from my pocket and quickly snapped a picture of them sitting together. I made a mental note to put it on the wall when I got a chance before nodding at them, letting them know they could stand. They walked over to me as I turned back towards the wall and started sketching again. Domino laid down by the chairs bottom while Comet touched his nose to my hand then to my pencil. I laughed, pushing his wet nose away before he sat down. Emerald flew in moments later, sitting atop my shoulder and looking down at my unfinished drawing.

I gave her head a pet before resuming my work. I spent an hour or so more on Emerald drawing before finishing and putting the picture back on the wall and grabbing the picture of the baby dragons. This was going to be more of a challenge but I was getting used to drawing again.

I started on the baby dragons drawing after Emerald got smaller and wrapped herself around my shoulders. It proved to be harder than I thought. There always seemed to be some thing I missed on a dragon that I had to go back and add. It took me most of the rest of the day to finished up the baby dragon drawing. I think I did pretty good on both of them, even after not drawing for a year.

I slowly stood up out of the chair, feeling the full effects of my legs falling sleep. I jumped around trying to gain feeling back as the dogs ran around me thinking I was playing. Emerald whipped her tail in my face to remind me that she was still sitting on my shoulders. I stopped my jumping technique and decided to just walk it off. I pulled the chair back to its spot at the computer desk and dropped the pencil back in the holder. I walked downstairs, dropping the sketchbook on the kitchen counter and grabbing a pizza out of the freezer.

I popped it in the oven before going outside to feed the dragons. I poured some food in the bowls outside before pouring some in Comet, Domino and Emeralds bowls. They dug in and soon I was able to also. Emerald finished off her food and jumped onto the table next to my pizza. Our eyes met and I sighed, sliding a piece over to her. She made a sound before stuffing her face with my food. The dogs sat down at my feet, waiting to get a bite of my food too. Once I finished off what I wanted to, I tore a few pieces off for the dogs. I fed them from my hand and put the rest of the pizza up.

I stretched and thought about my day. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be with the baby dragons gone. I plopped back down on the couch, everyone cuddling up around me. I turned on the tv and started where I left off on The Flash. I was sure I'd get used to not having the baby dragons around.

-----
I kinda forgot to write a chapter so I may have wrote this all todayy.
The picture is somewhat how i imagine the amulet except for the chain and extra charm it has on it. In my mind the chain is more delicate looking but still strong