Chapter 9 - New Dragons x2

Alistair's POV

-little over a 3 month timeskip-

Before I knew it, a new set of female dragons had dropped off their eggs. Eight to be exact. Many came in waves causing the amulet to light up like a Christmas tree. I watched silently as Emerald, Ciara and Lorn cuddled up around the eggs. Shortly after the last hatchlings left to go home, Lorn and Ciara showed up. They followed me around and after a couple of weeks they got names. They've been with me and Emerald ever since.

I creeped up the stairs, knowing that Lorn was a light sleeper and slipped into my room where the dogs were waiting patiently. I snuggled into bed with them and fell alseep almost immediately.

I watched silently from the car window, mesmerized by the trees flying past. Suddenly the car was upside down. My entire left side felt like it was being engulfed in flames but I saw none. I looked to my parents for help, only to see dead corpses in the front seat. Rotting and lifeless but I was positive one had just blinked. My eyes widened as the corpses of my parents started moving in on me, climbing into the backseat and surrounding me on both sides. Their mouths weren't moving but I could hear their voices inside my head. Whispering over and over that it was my fault. All my fault. I shut my eyes in fear, begging to voices to go away. I snapped them back open when something tugged on my shirt. Neither of the corpses were touching me but I could still feel the tugging.

My eyes popped open, having been shaken away. Lorn and Emerald were sitting on the bed, tugging at my shirt. I pushed away the feelings from the nightmare and followed them downstairs. It was almost time for the dragon eggs to hatch. That must be what's happening. They flew into the dragon room and I rushed in right after them. I gasped when I realized three of the eggs had already hatched. It was time but they had never hatched this fast.

I left to room and got bottles of milk prepared. As I walked back in another egg hatched and out came another sreeching dragon. I scrambled to get another bottle, running back into the room and sitting on the floor. Ciara, Lorn and Emerald carried the babies over to me and together we started on getting them fed.

Before the night was over every egg had hatched except one and I was exhausted. I laid down on the floor and let the dogs and dragons cuddle up around me. The next morning was hectic. The dogs had pushed the dragon door open and the babies had ran off to explore the hour. It took all of us at least an hour to return them to the room. Throughout the entire thing I couldn't help but worry about the remaining egg.

-----

It was already winter and the egg still had not hatched. While the other dragons were already starting to fly and train, the little egg sat unhatched and alone.

"Emerald, what do you think about the egg that hasn't hatched yet? Do you think it's going to hatch?" I asked as we watched Ciara and Lorn help the other baby dragons catch fish. They'd be going tomorrow. Emerald stared at me for a long time before nodding hee head no, almost sadly.

"Okay." I said, sighing and getting up. I walked inside and to the dragon room, shaking. I had never lost a dragon before and I couldn't handle it. I pushed open the door slowly and walked towards the lone egg. I picked it up carefully and started walking to the door. Halfway through the room I paused. The egg had a crack in it. A crack that definitely hadn't been there the last time I checked on it.

I smiled when another crack appeared and then another and soon enough out poked the head of a beautiful white baby dragon. I knew it was a boy immediately. I helped it from the egg, setting the egg down and carried it out into the kitchen. I peeked out the window to check on the dragons before hastily making a bottle of milk for him.

He had made no noises yet but he was breathing normally and looking around in wonder. I carefully flipped him on his back and helped him drink. I shushed the dragons when they came flying in, the dogs hot on their trails. The little guy had just fallen asleep. He was adorable. Emerald, Lorn and Ciara flew closer to me to look at him, all three seeming happy he made it. I showed the babies before pointing upstairs and walking away.

While the dragon room was safer for him, there now were a bunch of bigger, excited dragons living in it. My room was the best choice currently. I set him down in my bed and got ready to get in with him to help keep him warm but Lorn flew in after me.

I backed away and Lorn snuggled up next to him while I grabbed my camera and made my way down the stairs. I called the baby dragons into the room and snapped their picture quickly. I then took one of Lorn and Ciara, Ciara even wanted to see it afterwards. I sat the camera down and called for the dogs, it was about time they got to play.

"Bring me some toys guys." I said, waving them off. They both ended up bringing me bones so I opened the back door so we could play fetch outside. I threw the bones and they took of, each after a different bone. We played for awhile before I started getting tired. We went inside and I threw myself onto the couch, the dogs piling on after me. I turned the tv onto a random cartoon station and watched for awhile. The dragons soon joined us creating a big pile on the couch. Lorn flew down the stairs with the white dragon carefully and set him down on my lap. I held the baby close as Lorn sat himself on top of the couch. The baby had already grown some and I was glad. He was a bit behind where he should be. He won't be going home tomorrow like the others but that was okay. There was no problem with him staying longer if he needed to.

-----
So Alistair has 2 new dragons. Ciara's red and black. Lorn is green and brown. I'll post a picture of Lorn at the top and one of Ciara on the next chapter. There probably won't be many more time skips that I point out after this one.
Also Probably gonna change chapter N me btw
Hope you like it!