Chapter 7 - New Journey

Alistairs POV

-a few days timeskip-

I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched the baby dragons progress and learn over only a few days. They all had perfected flying and were now enjoying teasing Comet and Domino from the air. I took time to examine each one. A few of them had started changing colors and almost all of them were growing. What surprised me most was when they started breathing fire and water. I had been holding two on the couch when they suddenly started fighting. I had sat up quickly, just in time to watch the green one breath fire at the one; the blue one combating it with a breath of its own water. Who knew what else these guys could breath or do. For that point on I had been careful to watch for signs of another fight.

Emerald had woken me up this morning very sweetly. It was nice and gentle. A perfect start to a not completely crappy day, even though my continuous crap days had started changing for the better it seemed. It was about midday now and all the babies were in the living room, cuddling up to the dogs for warmth. I turned back to eat my last delicious donut when Emerld landed in front of me at the table. We started into each others eyes, silently communicating. Then it popped into my head, it was time for the baby dragons to go back home. I let out a sigh, now understanding why Emerald had been so nice now. She didn't want me to be more upset than I had to.

"Thank you." I whispered to her, giving her a few pets and slowly standing up. The dogs looked up from where they were sitting, wanting to follow but I put my hand out for them to stay. I didn't want them disturbing the dragons sleeping around them. I trugged my way up the stairs and right into my room. I rumeged through the closet until I found my old camera. It was still in good shape thankfully, I wasn't sure if it would be after all the moving. I made my way back down stairs and sat quietly in front of the dogs and dragons.

I lifted the camera up and turned it on before making a clicking sound with my mouth to get their attention. "Dragons, can you look at this black box for me? For just a minute? Domino, Comet stay." They all looked at me expectantly and I quickly took the shot. I checked to make sure it looked good before thanking them and moving into the kitchen where Emerald was. She watched me silently approach her and stood tall when I lifted up the camera, knowing I was going to take her picture too.

Once I did, I turned the camera off and set it down. I ran my hand down Emeralds scaly back, deep in thought. "You're not leaving too, are you?" I asked, panic filling my words. Emerlds eyes snapped open from their half closed state and shook her head. I let out a big breath I didn't know I was holding and said, "Thank god. I don't know what I would do without you."

Emerald stood up and started flying over to the small ones. It was time. I watched as she called them with a screech, causing them to follow her over to the back door. I opened it for them and walked with them to the pond. They all landed. The babies sniffed around the edge of the pond, seeming to know what was happening. They probably did know.

They looked up at me and I smiled. I sat down on my legs and leaned over to hug each and every one of them individually, giving each one a nice pet before letting go. I was a tearful mess when I got to the seventh and last dragon. Comet and Domino bit their goodbyes, most likely not understanding what was happening. I wiped my eyes somewhat dry just in time to see the first dragon slip into the water effortlessly. Then another and another and another until it was just Emerald, Domino, Comet and I left. I slowly stood up from the forest floor and gave both dogs a good pet. I let them run off as I started my trek back to the house. I wanted that last donut, a shower and a nap. Emerald landed on my shoulder and rubbed hee head into my hair, starting up a nice purring sound. It was calming.

After my donut, shower and nap, I was feeling better. That last donut really sealed the deal though. I looked out the kitchen window, towards the backyard, silently hoping one of the babies would scamper out from it and towards the house but I knew those hopes would never come true. I grabbed the camera off the table where I left it and hiked up the stairs, calling for the dogs. Emerald came with them which I wasn't expecting since she was napping as well but I appreciated the company at this moment. I choose to go into the door across from my bedroom and walked into the computer room. It was a bit dusty from not being used at all since I moved it all in here but that was okay. I clicked on the computer and looked around the room while it loaded up. Once it was ready, I plugged my cameras SD card in and pulled up the pictures. Tears pricked my eyes again but I quickly wiped them away. I shoved some camera paper into my printer and moved the pictures to a document. I clicked print and got up to find some tape and scissors. The pictures were printed when I came back and I quickly got to work with carefully cutting them out.

I stood up with Emeralds picture in hand and walked up to the wall opposite of the computer. It was gray in color and completely empty, like most of the walls in the house. I pushed the picture to the wall, about eye level and taped it on the top and bottom. I went back to the desk and grabbed Emeralds picture, quickly writing a sloppy Emerald on the back before repeating the taping action. I stepped back to admire my not very hard work. I couldn't help but smile at the pictures. I hoped that in the future I'd be able to fill this wall with more beautiful dragons.

-----
I actually really like how this chapter came out so I really hope you like it too. Someone on Pinterest drew Paul and it legit looks almost exactly how I picture Alistair so that's what the picture is