Chapter 4

Chapter 4: The Real Him

————

                              Staring down at her half eaten appetizer, Yuri listened to everyone as they watched the basketball game on the TVs around the restaurant of Applebee's.

Dave barely spoke to her as they ate. He just wanted to get away from Isla at the moment, but he didn't want to go out alone, so he decided to bring Yuri with him.

He looked at her plate of half eaten barbecue boneless chicken, and took one off her plate, dipping it into her ranch before he popped it into his mouth.

Yuri snapped her head up and looked at him in annoyance. She didn't play about her food. The only reason why she wasn't eating was because it was still too hot and she wasn't trying to get full fast because they were so good.

"Excuse you." She said as she slid the plate closer to her.

Dave chuckled and sucked the barbecue sauce off his fingers. "What?" He asked.

"You got steak and potatoes, don't eat my food." She slightly snapped. 

"Damn, my bad. I just wanted to taste em' shorty." He said as he leaned back in the booth.

Shaking her head, she picked up her strawberry lemonade. "Yuri, not shorty." She corrected him, even though she like that he called her that.

Dave nodded as he picked up his y'all glass of beer off the table. Before he could take a sip, a woman approached their table with her hand on her hip.

"This why you couldn't call me after a few nights ago?" She asked as she looked down at Yuri with a mug on her face.

Yuri looked up at the woman and she couldn't lie, she was gorgeous, but she didn't have nothing on her aunt Isla.

Dave sucked his teeth, worrying that now Yuri would tell her aunt about this. He sighed and ran a hand up his waves before looking up at the woman that he had sex with a few nights ago.

"Tasha, don't you see me out with my niece?" He spat as he clenched his jaw.

Tasha rolled her eyes, not buying it

Tasha rolled her eyes, not buying it. "Niece? This girl is as almost as old as you are. Don't try to play me like a fool." She said with attitude laced in her voice.

"Yuri." Dave said before pulling out his wallet. He grabbed three twenty dollar bills and handed it to her along with his keys. "Go pay for the food and go to the car. I'll be out there." He said.

Yuri shook her head. "I'm not done with my food." She said.

Dave sighed, trying not to lash out on anyone. "I'll get a to go box. Go." He said more demanding.

Yuri quickly stood up and took the money and car keys. Sliding out the booth, she made her way down the ramp to pay.

"Yuri? Type of name is that?" Tasha laughed.