8

*PAST*

I pull into Eleanor's driveway and kill the engine. I open the door and, wiping away the smeared mascara, try to smile. As I walk up her driveway I see the door fly open. Standing there behind it stand Eleanor holding a blanket and hot chocolate. She hands me the cup and embraces me into a hug. We stand there in the doorway crying about something we had no control over.

"C'mon let's get you inside." She said pulling me in. Leading me to the living room she slips off my jacket. "Sit." She pointed to the couch and handed me a blanket. I wrapped it around me and sipped my drink.

"I know you don't want to hear this Lena but I'm so sorry you had to do this. I've told you this a thousand times and I'll tell you again, You're welcome to stay here as long as you need." She sat next to me turning on the TV.

"Thanks but I don't think I'll be here long. I don't want to intrude on you guys." I said turning my attention to the TV.

"Lena you are not intruding. We don't mind having you here at all." She said. Pressing buttons on the remote she turned on the DVD player. She hit play and I sat back. Love actually came on and smiled with tears in my eyes.

"We used to watch this all the time. Me and Harry." I said

"Lena I'm so sorry. I'll change it." She started getting up.

"No, it's fine." I said. The door opened and shut and I heard Louis.

"You missed it Eleanor," Louis said laughing in the hall. "Harry thought it would be funny to-" he stopped when he walked in and saw me. "Lena, nice to see you, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm fine." I said getting up.

"Lena where are you going." They both asked.

"I'm sorry I need some time alone." I said going to the steps.

"Take as long as you need." She said. I nodded and walked upstairs. I stopped by a window and looked out at the family in the park playing.

"That'll be forever Eleanor."

-----------------------------------------------

Harry's POV

I pulled into the driveway and got out of the car. Jogging up to the door I grabbed my keys.

"Lena!" I said opening the door. "Lena I'm home!" I shut the door behind me and set my keys down. I walked through the kitchen to the stairs going to our room.

"Lena?" I asked. I saw a note and picture sitting on the bedside table. I picked it up and examined the picture. Smiling I read the note.

Dear Harry,

If you're reading this I assume you've already put together that I'm gone. I'm sorry. It wasn't you it was me, it always had been. As much as you denied it I was somehow holding you back. I'm setting you free now. I know this letter cliché but I didn't have it in me to tell you in person. Next to this letter I put a picture of our baby. I wanted to wait until this morning but I couldn't tell you...it's a girl. I'm sorry if me doing this makes you want hate me and that's okay but please, don't hate our baby. You'll see her, not just in pictures but in person. But not me. Eleanor will bring her to see you. She knows where I'm going. But, don't ask her...she promised she wouldn't tell. I'm sorry Harry. I hope you liked our last kiss earlier. I love you.

Love,

Lena.

I felt my knees buckle and grabbed onto the bed for support.

"I'm sorry too."