Chapter 5

I cover my mouth as well.

"Why would he do that?" She shrugs her shoulders and crouches down as a zombie comes from behind the building.

I push her to the forest, and point my gun at the barn door, just in case. She falls into the bushes, and I follow.

"What now?" I think to myself.

"I've asked that question to myself a lot, what now? But you know what? Just follow the wind."

I look up at her, "Just follow the wind." She looks at me.

"What?" I jump up and lick my finger and hold my finger up in the air.

"Follow the wind!" I say again. My hair blows wildly in the ferocious wind, like a fire. I run towards the wind, Aria following me. I look back at the barn, something's not right. The zombie is on the ground, and it's really quiet. A little too quiet for usual. I hold my breath so I might be able to hear something, but the birds are chirping too loud, and the wind is blowing hard. I feel a shiver run up my spine. Aria taps my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I nod my head and crouch down, behind the trees.

"It just doesn't seem right..." She looks up in the trees and back at the barn. Nothing is there.

I shiver, even though it's not cold. This time I stand up and scan the forest. Nothing but zombies and squirrels. I look at Aria. She has a worried face.

"What's wrong?" She looks behind me, and just before I have a chance to catch my breath, Cole covers my mouth, and drags me away.