Chapter 7

I hold my breathe as he pushes Cole out of the room and onto the ground. He looks at me with beautiful brown eyes and says,

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." His voice soft and well spoken. He pushes the door shut and takes a deep breathe before taking his hand away from the metal.

"Why am I here?" I say, sounding like I had just been kidnapped. "Why did you kidnap me? Or take me, or whatever?" He just looks at me with glowing eyes, and starts to laugh. I just stare up at him like the crazy psychopath he is.

"Firess, honey, I told you, you'll be ok." I stare at the gun poking out of the side of his pants. I gulp as he sees me staring. "What?" he pulls out the gun, flailing it around.

"Hey! what are you doing be careful with that!" I say, moving to the corner of the room. He laughs again and puts the gun up to his head. I cover my ears. I can hear my heart beating loudly. I close my eyes and wait for something to happen, nothing does. I open my eyes. He pulls the trigger, I wince, even though no sound comes out. With every pull he says a word.

"I.Told.You.You'll.Be.Fine." So I know he doesn't want to hurt me, but I'm not taking any chances.

"See?" he says, his eyes still on mine. I watch his chest rise and fall as he sits down on the cold ground, and puts the gun down. I hesitate to grab it as I feel around in my pocket and find bullets. He glances at my eyes, scanning the room. He follows my gaze to the gun, then looks at my pockets. He knows.

I jump up and lunge for the gun. My forehead is wet with sweat. I land on something soft.

I had landed on him.

I'm now on top of him. His eyes small and cute, my eyes big and scary. He has a smirk on his face, then I realize, I don't even know this guy and I'm laying on top of him.

We stay there for a little longer. I finally push away and turn around to see the gun gone, his hand is already in my pocket, pulling out the bullets. I jump off him and rush over to the door as I see it start opening, but realize I made the wrong choice. Cole jumps into the room with a gun, he flips off the safety and shoots. I jump out of the way, but hear a grunt. Another gun shoots, then a body drops. I don't dare to turn mine on the ground, but Austin pushes me over.

Blood drops from his shoulder and Cole lies dead on the ground.

"I told you I would keep you safe."