Chapter 13

I reluctantly get out of the shower and wrap up in a towel, I hope Austin is asleep. I open the door, just a crack, and see him staring out the window. I wince as I see his face, filled with hurt. I look onto the bed where the clean clothes are.

I quietly creep over to the bed to grab the clothes, but he turns around and sees me wrapped in just a towel.

He shields his eyes and turns back around.

"I am so sorry..." I see a flush of embarrassment in his cheeks.

"Uh, it's okay, I'm just gonna change in the bathroom, I guess." I grab the clothes and rush back into the bathroom.

I put the clothes on and look at myself in the mirror again. I'm not dirty anymore. I almost fall down to the ground as the door opens and Austin walks in.

We stare at eachother for a moment. Then I say,

"I could have been naked!" I yelled at him. His face flushed red.

"Sorry." He looks down at his feet. I nod my head and look back in the mirror. I look at my stupid hair. I smile as I open a drawer and see a brush.

"Haha! Yes!" Austin laughs at me as I jump in the air.

I grab the brush and run it through my hair. I whine and jump up and down in anger when The brush gets stuck in my hair. Austin watches me the whole time.

I stop brushing my hair when Austin grabs the brush and sets it down, my eyes stare at him in the mirror as he walks behind me. My heart races and I look down to see his hands placed gently on my waist. He leans down and kisses my cheek, I gulp, as he pulls me out of the room. He lays me down onto the bed and lays next to me. He pulls me close to his chest, his soft beating heart calm, much calmer than mine, that's for sure. He runs his hands through my now soft hair. I relax as his hand slowly creeps down my back. My hand holds the side of his head and gently plays with his soft hair. He kisses my neck and automatically heat rushes to my face.

He pulls me on top of him, trapping me between his arms. He smiles at me as he pulls me closer to his chest. I end up falling asleep in his warm arms.

•••

Austin's P.O.V

•••

I watch her fall asleep in my arms. I run my finger over her face and in her hair. Her face is so perfect. So beautiful. Her eyes icy blue, her lips a perfect pink, her hair a perfect shade of dishwater blonde, so perfect. Perfect to me at least. I will protect her. Cole wanted to kill her. He said she had killed his sister, Cloe. Right between the eyes. Wesley just wanted to abuse her. With her perfect body and figure.

I lay my hands on the bed and gently lift my body off of hers. I wipe sweat off my forehead and take my shirt off. I walk over to Firess and lay the blanket on top of her. I push her hair behind her ear. I walk to the other side of the bed and lay down.

I think I love her.