Chapter 11

I wake up being carried. I hold my head as I feel a huge migraine coming along. I let out a moan and hold my side. I look at my hand, blood. My vision is a little blurry, so I don't know if it's a hallucination or this is real. I look up at see Austin carrying me. His face is completely stained in blood. He is running. But from what? He is panting. I tap his shoulder. He smiles just a little bit. He then sets me down and grabs my hand. I look around and see Aria, Rainy, and Allyson, no Wesley.

My lips are chapped. I try to remember something from before.... well where am I now? I look over to Austin, we're still running.

"What happened?" I asked him. He hangs is head low.

"I saved Aria, and Rainy, and Allyson, then I was gonna save you." He gulps. "But when I got to the room you were in, Wesley was stripping you down. I yelled and screamed for him to stop..... but he didn't, so I shot him, and stalkers piled up into the building, so we just, ran." He looks at me. I look back, I can still see stalkers chasing us. I remember Wesley smirking at me.

"I'm so sorry you had to do that...." I pat him on the back. "Oh my gosh, Look!" I stop running and stare at a huge building with 2 levels. I look back at all of them. "Come on!" I yell.

I run as fast I can. My ponytail flipping back and forth behind my head. I smile as I see I'm getting closer, but I stop as I see people surrounding it.

All hope is lost. I hold them back and then they realize that there are people there too.

"Now what?" Aria asks. I grab Austin's gun. I aim it at one of there heads.

"Whoa! what are you doing? You can't shoot one of them!" He tries to grab the gun back, but I move it out of reach.

"Watch me." I place my finger on the trigger. They all crouch around me, waiting for me to do it.

I wince as the noise hits my ears, hard. I shoot again, but it doesn't affect me. 2 bodies drop. Then we all get down and hide in the tall grass.

I hear them yelling and screaming, but I don't care. I crawl through the grass and grab my knife that I hid in my boot. We all select our targets and pounce. I take a middle-aged man with black hair and grey eyes. Austin takes a teenager with brown eyes and blond hair. Aria takes a young woman, Rainy takes an older woman, and Allyson just makes sure they are dead.

I jump up and look over at Austin. He is crying. I follow his gaze to his dead target. His target kinda looks like him too. With the blond hair and brown eyes, and some similar features. I cover my mouth as I realized what just happened. Then Austin whispers

"I just killed my brother...."