When I Try to Sleep

--- All I need to say is.... Eleven sleep cuddles. Enjoy!

Mike's P.O.V

So tonight, Lucas, Dustin, Will, El and I are having a ssleepover tonight. We brought all the pillows, blankets and sleeping bags downstairs so we can all be slightly comfortable.

"Guys, I'm tired." Dustin says as he yawns.

"Me too." Says Will.

I nod, and so does Lucas.

"Okay. I'll get the light." I say as I get up and wander to the stairs to shut off the lights.

"Where's El gonna sleep?" Dustin asks before the light goes out.

"She'll sleep in the fort I made for her."

"Isn't that a little weird that you'll be sleeping right next to her?" He checks.

"No! There's nothing weird about it. It's just... she feels safer when she's next to me." I describe.

"Hmmm," he hums, "okay."

I turn the light off, and on my way over to my bed, I trip over Lucas.

"Hey!" He yells.

"Sorry!" I whisper back.

I find my spot, and lay down. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I can finally make out Eleven's face.

She doesn't look too comfortable.

"Want me to move farther?" I whisper softly.

"No. Closer." She says softly.

"Ooooooo!" Will cheers from the other side of me.

I roll my eyes and move closer to her. She grabs my arm, holding it to her chest.

3 hours later

When I open my eyes, there's men surrounding El. They're trying to hurt her. If I don't act out soon, they'll take her away forever. One man lifts her onto his shoulders and starts to run away. "No! No!" She screams. She can't see me. "El!" I yell to her. She's gone and out of sight. And my legs are frozen

I wake up to find El laying on top of me, with my arms wrapped around her. But she's dead asleep.

"El." I whisper, just to try to see if she'll move.

It's not that I don't want her to be how she is, I just don't know if she knows.

I hold her tight enough so I know that I won't drop her. I slowly shift her off of me and back onto the floor.

I turn my back to her, and close my eyes.

2 hours later

I wake up to El's arms and legs wrapped around me from behind. Our fingers are laced together.

Now I don't want her to wake up at all.