Movies!

-- Mike and Eleven go to the movie theater, but she's never been to a theater so everything there is new to her (based with modern technology-- since I know how it looks in a theater these days and not in the 80s) lol.

Mike's P.O.V

So El and I are going to the movie theater today, so this will be very interesting.
It doesn't matter what movie we're seeing, but I'm just excited for what her initial reaction will be.

"Ready to go?" I ask her as she ties her shoes.

She nods softly.

We're riding my bike there, since it's fairly warm and sunny outside today.

"Alright then, let's go!" I say excitedly, as I open the door for her.

We hop on my bike, and start heading downtown.

The theater is about a half a mile from my house, so it's a quick drive, and and okay bike ride.

We get there, and El already looks amazed.

"So... how does the movie work? Is it like t.v.?" She asks curiously.

"Well, kinda. It's just on a huge screen that covers up the whole wall." I describe the best I can.

She nods, so I open the door for her, and head to the ticket stand.

Once we have our tickets, we go to grab snacks.

"I'll have a medium popcorn, a medium Pepsi, and some M&Ms please." I tell the lady behind the counter.

She hands the snacks over as I give her my money. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome, enjoy the show." She says kindly.

"Show?" El asks quietly.

"Show, movie... It's the same thing basically." I explain.

I go over to the butter dispenser for my popcorn, and El looks so so very confused.

"How does it work?" She asks, amazed still.

"Well, you push this town like this, then the liquid butter comes out. See?" I describe, while dispensing the butter.

"Can I try?"

"Yeah, sure."

I place the popcorn back underneath it, waiting for her to press the button.

As she pushes it down, she nearly gasps, then smiles.

"Cool." She mutters.

"Yeah, very cool. Let's go get our seats.

30 minutes later

We're about halfway into the movie, and El has been whining that she needs to go to the bathroom but doesn't wanna go alone.

"Okay, fine!" I finally agree, walking out of the theater with her.

We get to the bathroom, and she still looks super confused.

"Where's the toilet?" She asks.

"You're not even in the bathroom yet silly. Go through that door, then there will be stalls, like smaller doors. Open one, then you'll find a toilet." I describe.

She nods nervously, pushing the door open.

Eleven's P.O.V

I open one of the blue stall doors slowly, feeling like someone else might be in there.

"Hey!" Yells a girl's voice.

I quickly back away and aim for a new one.

This one won't open either, so I go to the farthest one.

It's open, and no one is in it.

I shut the little door, sliding the lock.

As I squat to go pee, I look at the toilet paper.

It's thin, and I can see my fingers through it.
I sigh loudly, wading up a bunch.

As I'm now done, I pull my pants back up and look for the toilet flush.

Oh my gosh, where is it?

As I stare long and hard at it, suddenly, it makes a really loud noise, and flushes by itself.

I unlock the door and run out as fast as I possibly can.

Mike stands outside the door, laughing slightly at the stupid look on my face.

"What happened?" He asks with a giggle.

"The toilet... it flushed." I start, still terrified.

"Yeah, they do that."

"No... it flushed, by itself." I finish.

He laughs even harder. "Public toilets normally do flush by themselves. It's just how it is." He explains.

"Oh." I sigh of relief.

Back in the theater, the movie starts to get scary, and I don't like scary movies.

I hold his hand tight, right before a monster pops out and the girl screams.

I throw the popcorn out of my hands by accident, hitting the couple behind us.

"Sorry!" Mike whisper-yells to them.

They roll their eyes.
"Mouth-breather." I mutter.

"Mike, I wanna go home now." I say, tugging at his arm.

"Okay, we can go."

We leave the theater, and get back on his bike.

I don't know if I liked going there or not. It was all too new and too weird for me.

Howdy. Sorry this one was shorter, but it was still pretty cute and funny so yeah. I've been writing more of my romance/drama/horror story right now, so I haven't updated very much, which I'm sorry for that. But hey, this is the best I can do right now. ;)