Heavy in Your Arms

-- Because I'm HIGHKEY triggered right now, here's some VERY VERY depressing stuff. You're welcome :)

Mike's P.O.V

I'm waiting for El at the spot in the woods.

Normally it's the other way around, but today she had to stay to finish a test.

Finally, I can see her coming in the distance.

I meet her in the middle, jogging over to her.

"Hey, how was it? Do you think you passed?" I ask quickly.

"Uhh, I don't know. Maybe."

"Well I at least know that you studied, so at least you tried." I shrug.

She looks all bummed out, so I set my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. Even if you fail you can take it again." I say softly.

"East for you to say. You're smart." She mopes.

"Don't even say that. You're super smart. You just need more time to learn the things that the school is teaching you. If anyone isn't smart, it's the teachers." I laugh.

She chuckles slightly, taking my hand.

"Thanks Mike."

"You don't have to thank me for telling the truth." I grin widely.

"Let's go home so we can hang out already." She mutters, now in a lot better of a mood.

As we start walking, I keep thinking that the wind is picking up and then stops.

But it's happened so many times, each time sounding different. Like a soft rustling sound.

Slightly scared, I low-key let El know to hurry up, without scaring her.

"Did you hear that?" She asks softly, stopping in her tracks.

"Yeah, I didn't want to alarm you so..."

"Shh." She quickly hushes me.

She's alarmed.

I watch her carefully. Her eyes are trained on something in the bush.

Her eyes widen largely and she screams, "Mike!"

She shoves me hard and there's a loud boom sound.

I sit up and look at her.
Her hands are covering her stomach and there's blood.

"El? El!" I scream, catching her before she falls.

"Mike." She whimpers, pulling down on my shirt as I bring her to the ground.

I can't even hold it in, I start bawling.

"T-take my hand." I say softly.

She grabs my hand, squeezing it so tight that it hurts. But I don't care about my pain right now.