Sweater Weather

-- this ones a sweet surprise... So you're welcome.

Mike's P.O.V

It's cold lately. Obviously because it's winter, but it's extra cold.

Especially at my house.

El is here. Like a lot of the time.

It's a Saturday, so she's staying the night. My parents obviously just don't care anymore to be honest.

In the basement, we sit on the couch silently.

She's only wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, so I feel like she's cold, but she hasn't said anything yet.

"Are you cold at all El?" I ask softly.

She nods slightly. "Only a little bit."

"Well come herd then." I say with a small, crooked smile.

I only smile that way when I'm around her. It has just kind of formed I guess, but she loves it.

She takes my hands in hers, but that's not what I was intending for her to do.

I stand her up beside me.

"Share your sweater." She says softly.

"I can get you your own if you want?" I suggest.

"Well I don't want. I want yours. With you still in it." She says, seeming like there should have been a laugh at the end but she's serious.

I try to think a way through this.

I could just lift it up, and put her head under and work it from there, or she... no. I honestly don't know how this could ever possibly work.

She slides her hands up my sweater, instantly getting warmed by my rather hot skin.

Both of her hands slide up my back, so now more of her arms are covered in warmth.

"How's that?" I ask, kind of glad she doesn't find any of this awkward.

"Good." She smiles sweetly.

I look out the window to see that it's pouring down rain.

There's this vibe that I get and I don't know how to describe it, but it's a silent kind of connection that feels so, so good.

She pulls herself to me, setting her head on my chest as she gently scratches up and down my back.

Goosebumps raise upon my skin.

I gently set my hand on her waist, just to hold her close.

The sound of her breath, just right on my chest and neck is so incredibly peaceful.

With her hands on my back, and mine on her waist, I softly sway us side to side.

I watch as her eyes close.

She's so comfortable.

My hand wraps further around her, just because I'm feeling so emotionally close to her right now.

Eleven's P.O.V

This is nice.
I love dancing with Mike. He's so gentle and kind.

I slowly lift my head off of his chest, looking up into his eyes.

He smiled so genuinely.
That pure, slightly crooked smile that he only makes when he's around me.

"Wanna go upstairs?" He whispers into my ear.

"Why?"

"It's warmer up there. Since that's where the fireplace is." He explains.

"Oh... sure."

I don't let go. And neither does he.

He giggles softly, finally letting go.

"I don't wanna stop dancing with you." I quickly blurt out.

He smiles, "we can dance upstairs in my room where it's warmer."

I sigh softly, following him up the stairs.

Mike's P.O.V

1 hour later

After Eleven and I danced for a little bit, we decided tjay we wanted to just lay down.

"Your so warm." She whispers.

It's still a little bright outside, so the faint light is seeping through my curtains, causing this gentle glow that really just makes me tired.

She snuggles up to me, her face pressed into my neck just slightly.

Of course, because she likes to so much now, she slides her hands up my sweater again, holding me tight.

"Is that comfy?" I ask.

She nods with the most precious smile on her face.

I lean down, kissing her forehead.

Her eyes open in the most angelic way, as she sits up, leaning over me.

I give her the crooked smile, letting her kiss me sweetly.

As she pulls away, she places one, gentle kiss on my neck.

Her head rests back onto my chest again, and her eyes shut.