Blue Monday

-- High school has started, and a popular group of kids is being mean to Eleven only when her friends aren't around. Finally, Mike sees it, and he goes beyond ham.

Eleven's P.O.V

It's Monday morning, and things are already going bad. 

"Oh look. It's the freak." Says the mean boy as he approaches me. He's in the senior class but I don't know his name. 

I continue walking to avoid him, but he follows me; that is, until Mike shows up at my side. 

"Are you okay? You don't look too happy." He says kindly. 

I nod, "I'm fine." 

He smiles softly, "Okay good. I gotta go to class. See you later!" 

I quickly jog to my locker, trying to open it as quick as I can. The second it's opened, a hand slams it. 

The only reason why I don't fight back is because they aren't hurting me physically, and Mike and Hopper have told me not to use my powers at school... so I've been listening.

It's the mean girl now. I think that maybe her and the mean boy are dating. 

"What are you doing freak? You're supposed to be in class." She snaps.

I open my locker again, pulling out my science book. As I close the locker again, she knocks the book out of my hands. 

As I bend over to get it, she pulls my backpack off my back, dumping everything out.

"Oops." She mutters, walking away.

End of school

I rush to my locker, shoving everything in it as quick as I can. 

Instantly, the mean boy comes over and shoves me into my locker. 

"Come on. I know you have mind powers! Show us!" He says angrily, pushing me hard. 

I know I can't do it, so I won't. 

I go to punch him in the face, but he grabs my hand, twisting it hard.

I yell in pain, now really mad, but mostly upset. 

"Let her go!" I hear Mike's voice yell from the end of the hall. 

The boy pulls away from me, and goes to Mike. 

He grabs hold of Mike's shirt, pushing him into the wall by the water fountain. 

"What are you gonna do about it?" He taunts. 

"Just... Just leave her alone!" He yells. 

The boy punches the wall beside Mike's head so hard, I flinch. 

I pull away from the lockers, running over to Mike. The mean girl trips me, and I fall onto my face. 

She pushes me to the ground so I don't get up.