Help

-- Mike and Eleven go swimming. She keeps calling for help, even in the 2 foot area. She doesn't want him to let go. *Sorry, another short one*

Mike's P.O.V

I decided to take Eleven swimming with me.

The public pool isn't vert crowded at all. Most people are in the twelve foot area, diving and stuff.

Eleven and I are still in the two foot area, since I'm trying to help her learn to swim. But she won't let go of my arm.

"Just let go for one second, and see how it is." I say softly.

She nods, letting go, but keeping her hands really quick.

"See? Now you're doing it. Just sit down now, so the water can be deeper on you." I explain.

She nods again, crouching down.
"Help. Help!" She mutters.

"El! You're fine." I say as I let her grab my arm again.
"Let's go into the deeper part now. It's only three feet, so it's not too bad." I say.

She nods, following close behind as I walk to the deeper part.

"Mike. Help." She mutters softly, not actually scared, it's just all new to her.

"El, it's okay. Just hold onto my arm. Wanna try actual swimming?" I ask.

"I guess." She says uneasily.

Not really knowing where to start, I say, "get ready to lay on your stomach. I'll hold you up."

She looks at me with wide eyes. "Just trust me."

I put one hand on her stomach and the other on her back, as she slowly leans forward onto her stomach.

"Now, kick your feet... softly, not too much." I describe.

She starts kicking her feet.

"Perfect! Now cup your hands, and swing your arms in a circle." I say while adjusting my hands so both are holding up her stomach.

She swings her arms.

She looks like one of those corgi dogs when you set them in the water.

I laugh softly.

"You're kinda doing it." I chuckle.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing. You're a beginner, so it's okay."

"Okay." She continues, so I gradually move my hands away so she does it on her own.

"El! You're doing it all by yourself!" I cheer.

She looks at me, then starts swimming forward softly.

"Yes!" I yell happily for her.

She stops in the four foot area.
"Help." She mutters.

I quickly rush to her, but instead of grabbing my arm, she swims away. Quickly!

What?!

"I know how to swim Mike." She laughs.
"But I tricked you. So you could teach me." She continues.

I stand there, awestruck.
"Are you kidding me?"

She shakes her head, diving under water to approach me.

"So you've known how to swim this whole time?"

"Yes." She mutters, much like how she muttered 'help.'

I squint my eyes at her in frustration. I quickly splash her face.

She gasps softly, in a sarcastic manner, and splashes me back.

I dive under water, opening my eyes to see. I quickly grab both of her legs, and stand up with them in my grip.

She screams and falls, going under.

As she comes back up, she lunges at my chest, taking me under with her.

As I come out of the water, my hair is all up in my face and I can't see.

With both of her hands, she scoops my hair up, pushing it away from my face.

"Thanks." I say softly.

She nods and smiles, splashing me one more time, just softly.

I laugh slightly, just looking into her eyes.

She smiles, setting her hand on my shoulder.
"At least you tried." She mutters.

I gasp sarcastically, splashing her with force. I tried so hard to teach her how to swim!