Cold

So I've decided this thing where Mike and Eleven every day after school meet at this certain place in the woods so they can either go to Mike's or Hopper's place to hang out. 

--right now it is currently winter--based whenever you want (not specified) 

Mike's P.O.V

After school, I quickly head into the woods to meet up with El. Since it's winter, it's freezing out here, so I'm wearing three coats to stay warm.

Finally, I find El. 

"Hey!" I call out cheerfully. 

She smiles, but she's shivering; freezing with only a long-sleeved shirt on.

"Are you cold?" I ask kindly, and in concern.

She nods softly, rubbing up and down her arms in attempt to warm up. 

"Here, take mine." I say, pulling off my biggest, warmest coat. She smiles, putting it on gladly. 

"Thanks." She mutters sweetly. 

"No problem. Now, let's get home. Where are we going today?" I ask curiously, having her hop on the back of my bike.

"Your house." She decides very certainly. 

"Okay, let's go."

10 minutes later

We arrive at my house, at the back. She hops off my bike right after me, then follows me into the basement. 

"So, what do you wanna do? You hungry?" I ask.

"Hungry." She mutters. 

"Well, my mom isn't home yet, so we could eat candy if you'd like." I suggest. 

She smiles broadly and nods. "Perfect!" I cheer, running  up the stairs with her following. 

Upstairs, I dig through the pantry to find my hidden Halloween candy. It shouldn't be too old. 

"Ha! Found it!" I chant. 

I take the bucket and dump it onto the counter in front of us. "Go ahead. Your pick." \

"What's good?" She asks. Right. She probably hasn't tried much candy before. 

"Well, Snickers are good, so are Hershey bars." I put out there.

She gladly takes the Snickers, unwrapping it uneasily. 

I watch carefully as she takes the smallest bite, then her eyes light up.

"You like that?" I ask with a small chuckle.

She nods her head very quick and surely. I laugh, unwrapping my Hershey bar. 

She eats the candy like she's never eaten anything before in her life. "You might wanna slow down a bit." I let her know. 

Her eyes dart over to me. She studies my expression, then slows down. 

"That's better." I laugh.

Once we finish our candy consumption, we head into my room to talk.

I look at her and realize that she's still wearing my coat. "Are you still cold?" I ask softly. 

She shakes her head. 

"Oh." I utter. I'll just let her continue to wear it. She pulls up one of the sides up to her face. She closes her eyes and takes a big whiff. She then smiles and looks at me. 

"It smells good." She giggles. 

The second I open my mouth to talk, there's a knock on the front door. I quickly run down there to open it. It's Hopper. 

"Hey. Time to come home." He says softly, knowing that I already know what he means. I frown just slightly and nod. 

"El!" I yell to her. 

She comes down the stairs and stands beside me. 

"Time to go kiddo." He tells her. 

Normally she'd freak out and run back upstairs, but she's gotten a lot better. 

She looks at me and smiles gently, then wraps her arms around me in a hug. As I hug her back, I make eye contact with Hopper. He just nods, and smiles. 

I let go, wave, and she leaves.

Oh... she still has my coat.

2 Months Later 

Eleven's P.O.V

As lay in bed to try to sleep, I hold Mike's bundled up jacket at my side, just because it still smells like him.  

He hasn't asked for it back. Maybe he doesn't know I have it still.

But I don't plan on giving it back until his scent fades away.