Train Ride

Hermione's POV

I woke up one morning, from one deep, yet horrible sleep. My cousin's visited yesterday and told me a story before I slept. I obviously  knew it wasn't real, but I.. Still got a little frightened. I groggily (and slowly) walked to my dresser and got dressed for the day ahead of me. The story I was told was that I was a witch and everybody thought I was weird, and they didn't like me. Then I realized it was true, and I slammed my head into my hands. Crap.

I didn't believe I was a witch, but it was true. Today was September 1st. I had done so much reading because I was scared I wouldn't know anything, and I had already gotten my wand, so I was ready! My parents dropped me off at Kings Cross station, I boarded the train, and I got dressed into my robes.

My muggle friends told me I was very bright, which indeed I was. I chose to sit in an empty compartment, until a boy with pale blonde, slicked back hair walked up to me. "..I'm sitting here" he said.

"I don't see your name on it" I replied.

"I don't see yours on it either"

"Hermione Granger," I told him as I held my hand out. " The girl who doesn't give an eff about your opinion" I finished. The boy looked at me in surprise. I guess nobody has ever talked back to him like that..

"Well," The blonde said. "Your name, uh.. Granger? Isn't on the list of the Sacred 28. Must be a muggle born, or even a half blood"  He told me

"Well... Does that matter?"

"Does that matter? Ha, what a joke. And yes, it does matter. Pure bloods are higher class than you Mudbloods. You're a waste of my time" He spat

"If I'm a waste, than why are you still here? We can go on for hours and hours, and you will keep putting up with me. Admit it, uh, what's your name?" I taunted

"Draco Malfoy. But you're only  calling me Malfoy, got it, Her- Granger?" Draco hissed

"Fine. Malfoy. Better not be sorted together.." I sneered, as I looked out the window to see the gorgeous view

"How do you know about the sorting ceremony?" Malfoy asked

"I read about it, Hogwarts: A History. But clearly  you can't even acknowledge the fact that there is a lady waiting for you, princess. I'll take one chocolate frog, please" I said, as I turned to the lady, who was waiting for us to stop rambling. The elderly woman then whispered in my ear:

"Boys. Keep rambling on and on like you're an old married couple" until she walked out of my view.

"Oh shut up, Mudblood. Why am I even talking to you?" Malfoy smirked. "Because I'm useful and I'm not a lazy brat unlike you?" I said, with my turn to smirk. Malfoy rolled his eyes. 

"I can't deal with you. "

"You're only gonna come back to talk"

"Prove it"

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm telling you to and that's a request"

"Oh, should I take orders from the ickle princess?"

"Shut up"

"Does the princess need to be carried, and cared for?"

"I said shut up!"

"Do you want me to bow down to you  and serve you tea, princess?"

"I TOLD YOU, SHUT UP!" Malfoy shrieked, resulting in many horrified glances from other first years.

After a few moments of silence, I said "You just like me, that's why."  As I got up from my seat and walked away.