Sad Souls [SWITCH IT UP]

Author's note: A 'Switch it up' is a chapter where everything is either seen from the Author's POV, or a supporting characters POV. Switch it Ups are completely random. Switch it ups also may take a bit longer to write, so..

Enjoy :D

Author's POV

Draco was slowly heading to his next class. He sat down gloomily on one of the hard wooden stools, looking at Zabini.

"What's going on with you and Parkinson?" He asked.

Blaise turned to him, looking straight through those steel blue eyes. Looking into lies.

"I stole her ring, what do you expect? She won't be enthusiastic to see me for a while time, Malfoy."

It was Malfoy's turn to stare into Zabini's brown eyes. Blaise's eyes were filled with loneliness and pain. Malfoy could relate, but he never said anything. 

"So, what about you and that Granger girl?"

Malfoy looked away in pain. For the past few weeks, Hermione and Draco have been distanced. Every time Malfoy saw Hermione with somebody else, a pang of jealousy hit him. But every time they were together, he messed up and ended up saddening Granger even more than he did;

Yet she kept smiling. That's what Malfoy loved about her. She was the brightest, most joyful and smartest girl he has ever met. 

He had so much he wanted to tell Zabini, but Draco had to put it behind him. All he could say was

"We're.. Alright."

Zabini clearly saw through his lie, but didn't mention it as he knew it was a difficult topic.

"Nobody's claimed her."

Malfoy looked at Blaise, giving him a I-don't-think-that-was-a-good-think-to-say look.

_________________________________________________________________________

At the end of the day, Draco was sitting in his bed, thinking. 

When he was a child, his mother Narcissa would tell him a story about the stars..
The story went like this:

Every few minutes, somebody is born. And at those few moments, two stars cross. That means that they're destined not to meet, and destined not to love. 

The break of this vow results in misery and pain to them, labeling them as 'Star Crossed'.

Draco thought about this story, but he knew it wasn't true (By the way, that was COMPLETELY MADE UP! That story probably isn't true). He pondered for a minute, realizing that he and Hermione were..

No. It wasn't true.