Clashing Ties

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This chapter might be slightly longer than usual. Also, the Ties in the title aren't like, suit ties.

Today me and Ron were heading to The Three Broomsticks to hang out, also so I could clear my mind. We (apparently) were walking to lunch together; Awkwardly. He'd occasionally brush my hand with his, or bump his shoulders into mine. Plus, it was in complete silence. I heard no words coming out of his mouth to break up the constant tapping of our shoes. (seriously, #Awkward!!!!)

As we sat down on one of the long wooden benches of the Gryffindor table, I felt something poking me.

"Granger." Malfoy said.

"What is it, scumbag?"

The blonde haired figure stepped back in surprise, causing a few first and second years to be knocked over, spilling the contents of their bags all over the floor.

"Name calling, eh Mudblood? And you have.. A.. boyfriend? Weaselbee? Really? Poor choice, Granger."

"You're, the poor choice, you arse! Trying to make me jealous with fucking Pansy Parkinson?!"

"Watch the language, Miss Granger. Mister Malfoy, Miss Granger, to my office please" Professor Mcgonagall said.

Later in Mcgonagall's office..

We were sitting in two wooden chairs, waiting for the professor to come back.

I turned to face Malfoy, who had his arms crossed and a smug look on his pale, pointed face.

"This was your fault, Blondie."

"How so, Mudblood?"

"You're the one who started it, you arse."

"Scared to swear again, Granger? Throw all you fucking got at me!"

"Is that an order?"

Malfoy sneered at my comment, and finally said.

"Where are you going with Weasel?"

"First, he's not a weasel, and second, why do you care?"

"Curious."

"Don't you play that game with me!"

"Why not?"

"Don't change the subject either!"

He rolled his eyes, then turned to face the opposite wall.

Mcgonagall finally came in, and sat in her chair behind a desk, cupping her hands together. "I will not  permit that disgusting language to be used at this school." The professor hissed.

Me and the Slytherin both rolled our eyes, except his was more obvious than mine. 

After a long talk about being mature and not using that disgusting language, we were allowed to leave.

"It's still your fault"

"What? How?!"

"Find out yourself."

"I still want to know where you and Weasel are going"

"Three Broomsticks. Like it matters to you."

"It does matter!"

"How so?"

Malfoy stopped, and hid his face to make sure I didn't see him redden

"You just like me, that's why."

"How do you-"

"Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me" I said to Draco, before turning my head up high and walking away from the speechless Slytherin behind me.

"Don't question her, Mister Malfoy" Mcgonagall said as she walked by, leaving Malfoy even more  speechless than before.

"Well done, Miss Granger" the professor told me, before walking into a separate room.

At the Three Broomsticks..

Ron and I sat at a table in the corner, sipping a nice mug of Butterbeer while chatting about Quidditch.

"Hermione? I... I wanna tell you something"

I looked up as I licked the Butterbeer off my face. "Sure, what is it?" I asked. Ron quickly looked away, but I could tell his cheeks were heating up. "I.. I really like you, Hermione, I-" And before he could finish, I hushed him.

I'll let you think about what happened.

After a few moments, we were back in our normal positions, chatting once again, until I heard someone walk through the door.

Malfoy.

"Granger, come with-" He stopped. He just stopped, right in his tracks, as he saw my hand over Ron's.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Ron asked.

I could see Malfoy's heart stopping, his steel blue eyes widening, and his facial expression looking like he's seen a ghost.

"Go away, Malfoy. Let me be happy for once in my life." I said; But he didn't. He dragged me off to another empty table. "W-what are you doing?!" I asked. I demanded to know, but he never replied. The Slytherin pulled me over the table, his pale face close to mine.

Again, I'll let you think about what happened. The second it happened, Ron tramped over to us, pushing Malfoy away.

"YOU ARSE! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

They slowly started to get into not only a verbal, but a physical fight. I quickly got up from my seat, and ran out of the Inn.

Why is this happening to me?