Dreary Thoughts

I mournfully pulled my feet slowly across the path of Hogsmeade, not thinking about the brawl that just started back in The Three Broomsticks. Tears streamed from my eyes, making them puffy.

I didn't want to live this life. I didn't want people fighting over me. My gaze wandered to all the happy couples in the different shops, which jabbed at my heart. 

I held my knees with my arms, and I sat on my four-poster bed with my friend Ginny. "Gin?" I asked. "What's up, Mione?" The red headed girl was normally filled with so much joy, but a frown was all I could see on her face. "I can't take this.." The youngest Weasley eyed me with sorrow.

"You aren't happy?"

"About what?"

"Hermione Jean Granger, there are two wonderful boys fighting over you, you should be happy."

"How am I supposed to be happy? You have Harry."

Ginny turned her head, her mop of red hair flying, as she tried to hide her face.

"Shush! Anyways, if it's Malfoy, and my brother, than I don't know what to tell you. I'm not being biased, but I'm sure my brother would be better; Even if he's a brat sometimes."

It was my turn to look away, except I was trying not to laugh. "Thanks, Ginny. " I said flatly. "No problem, Mione. Happy to help" Ginny replied, before heading to her own bed.

I laid down in my four poster, and shut my eyes. I felt like I was suffocating from something I didn't even know about, and it tore me up inside, that desire to know. I didn't care if Malfoy liked me back. It didn't feel real, like a hoax or he was faking it.

Nevertheless, I tried to sleep, only to wake up and drowning from my imagination. I spent hours trying to convince myself that it was a dream, but when I woke up, I was in the same hell known as a love triangle.

What did I get myself into?

I had my head down as I walked to the Great Hall for breakfast, trying to hide my face. I didn't see where I was going though, and I bumped into somebody, making my quills and books spill all over the floor.

"I'm sorry, I-"

Said the boy, and he held his hand out for me to take it. I looked up, and was immediately horrifed