Girl Behind The Mask (Part 1)

Okay, hello! I'm back! So, you're probably questioning the title.

You know what you should really be questioning?

Why is Year 4 so long..?

Yeah, it's probably gonna be the longest year in this book. I'm aiming for around 40 chapters (the entire book, I mean), which is odd because books these long intimidate me. If chapters are getting bland, please let me know.

Tankq.

________________________________________________________________________________

Today was the day every Durmstrang, Beauxbatons and Hogwarts student had been dreaming of. Today was the day everyone would dress in their most delicate dress robes, and dance the night away.

Yes. It was the Yule Ball. 

The nearer the event drew, the quicker my breathing became, followed by anxiety. I had finished my homework the week before, so I had nothing to distract myself. Beside the dying fire were Parvati and Padma Patil, chatting quietly about the Yule Ball. The only other person there was me, laying on my stomach, head in my left hand and legs in the air, nose buried in a thick book.

"Granger!" A shrill voice squealed. At that moment, I could see the look on the twin's faces; They knew I was uncomfortable, and left me there to deal with the shrieking girl in the Common Room.

Sighing and rolling over to face her, I said "Brown".

"Ready?"

I raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"The.. Yule Ball!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Look, can you.. Leave?" I implied.

"You don't want help?"

My eyebrow was still raised, my jaw slightly dropped. "Er, no? Why.. Why would I need help?" I honestly had no clue what she was implying. "Silly Mione! With your date! You need one, don't you? There's not many options-" I stopped her there. "Brown, first, don't call me silly, and don't call me Mione. Second, date or no date, I don't need your help! I don't understand why I agreed to your offer anyways.."

Lavender crossed her arms. "F-fine! I-I-I guess you can fuck off.."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me! You need me! Everyone knows you're not happy with that Krum fellow. You want the Slytherin, don't you?"

"Don't use that against me!"

I didn't realize that I had stood up, arms distance from Lavender.

"It's obvious, isn't it? Standards are everything, Granger, correct?"

"Y-yes.."

"And you want to live up to his standards, correct?"

I didn't know whether to agree or disagree. Neither were a good choice, but then again;
When is there ever a good choice?

"Y..Ye.."

"Pardon?"

"I.. I don't.."

"Hermione Jean Granger, make up your mind!"

"Y..e.."

Thankfully, Ginny burst in.

"Hermione!" She turned to Lavender. "Er, hullo Lavender. Anyways, go get ready! The feast is soon!" The Weasley squealed, before closing the portrait hole and running upstairs to change.

Thank you, I mumbled.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sooooooooo... this chapter is shorter and.. eh, I know. 

I might delay working on new chapters for a while, I know.

I'm really exhausted and I'm getting sick too, so don't expect good/more/longer chapters for a while.

Thank you for reading this chapter, and knowing I exist.

Feedback is appreciated, but hate comments are deleted immediately.