Little Things Impact Those Who Need It

The trip back to Hogwarts was, eventful.

Malfoy walked up to my compartment, and sat down in the seat in front of me.

"Granger"

I looked up from the book I was reading and said "Malfoy, I heard that you've accepted my request."

"So Zabini told you, eh? Good for him"

"What made you accept?"

Malfoy's cheeks started becoming red, as if they were gonna burn.

"I, er, that's.. a good question.." He stuttered. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Zabini walk up to me.

"Granger, may I borrow you for a quick moment? I apologize, Malfoy. And no, I'm not stealing your girl" Blaise winked at the blonde, who stared at him for a few moments before saying

"Alright, Zabini." Not denying the fact he said 'your girl'

Me and Blaise headed over to an empty compartment, where we spoke quietly. "Anyways, I recall I had a secret to tell you. Malfoy becomes pretty upset when I bring it up, so make sure not to tell-"

Before he could finish, a girl with short hair walked up to Blaise

"Blaise, we have to go. It's urgent"

Zabini turned to me and told me "I apologize greatly, Granger. We shall meet some other time" before rushing to the other side of the Express with Pansy.

For Merlin's sake! I thought..

Arriving at Hogwarts once again hasn't made this day eventful enough. I thought with me and Malfoy's new friendship, I should do something for him, to.. You know, cheer him up! He's been acting pretty down, so I made it my mission to make him something.

I paced around my dorm, thinking of ideas. Many of my friends suggested a hat, or a card. But no, I was going to make something better a hat or a card.

I was going to make Malfoy a cupcake. Well, I was going to summon one. When everybody left for lunch the next day, I stayed in my dorm, standing at my window, trying to summon a cupcake.

"Accio cupcake!" I yelled repeatedly.

After MANY attempts, a vanilla cupcake whizzed into my hands. Finally!

When I turned around, I noticed all my room mates staring at me. "Er, Mione? What are you doing with that cupcake?" They asked in unison

"I er, it's for my friend. Yeah, he um-"

I got cut off until everybody started ambushing me with questions..

"Is he cute?"

"Do you like him?"

"What house is he in?"

"What's his name?"

Until finally I shouted "ENOUGH! HE'S IN SLYTHERIN, and.. He's alright looking.."

Everybody looked at me in disgust. "A Slytherin boy, with our, Hermione? No no no no no, this won't do. You're star crossed, it'll never work, and he probably doesn't like you" One of my room mates said, which made everybody mutter in agreement.

"I don't care."

Everybody stared in shock.

"What?"

"I SAID I DON'T CARE! YOU ARSES CAN'T TELL ME WHO I CAN LOVE, NO MATTER WHAT HOUSE, SO SHUT YOUR BLOODY MOUTHS!" I shrieked, as I started walking towards Herbology (With Slytherin) to give my gift to Draco.

Later at Herbology..

While Professor Sprout was rambling about some stuff, I walked over to Malfoy, holding my cupcake.

"Here" I said, handing the sweet to him.

"What's this?"

"A cupcake, dumb dumb."

"Err, vanilla?"

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing! I'll uh, eat it later. " Malfoy flushed.

"Oh, o-okay." I replied, walking away from him.

I saw Blaise motion for me to follow him, as Professor Sprout let us do something.

"Granger, I apologize greatly for the last few times we were interrupted. Anyways, the secret-"

And yet again, bloody Pansy Parkinson had to barge in and take him from me.