18"

y/n;

"Y/n, over here!" Jimin yells, waving with a giant smile on his face.

"What's up, baby face." I grin as I jump to his side.

"I want to know the same thing. I was a bit nervous when you texted me saying we needed to talk." Jimin says, his voice a bit on edge.

"We should sit." I say, pointing to the park bench.

He gives me a small nod and sits down.

I take a seat beside him too then speak.

"I've been trying to think of how to approach this topic for awhile now.." I begin and Jimin bites his lip, a nervous gesture.

"It's just that..ever since what happened between Jungkook and I -"

"Y/n, can we really not talk about this." Jimin interrupts.

"Please Jimin. It's been weighing on me and I hate it." I sigh.

He lets out a small breath then finally motions me to continue on.

"I hate this feeling of guilt every time I look at you. I know it sounds horrible and I hate myself for it. It's just that you mean so much to me Jimin and I feel so bad for choosing Jungkook over you but I just couldn't give up on him. I'm so sorry." I say.

Jimin looks at me and to my surprise, he smiles.

Before he speaks he leans forward and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't apologize, y/n. I understand why you made the choice you did. You love Jungkook, you have since as long as I can remember. He loves you too and when two people love each other they should be together. So please don't apologize. Never apologize for loving someone. I'm happy for you and Jungkook and even though I still love you I'll always support the two of you. I'm happy for you y/n so please don't feel guilty when you look at me. I'm totally okay with the two of you being together. As long as you're happy, I'm happy." Jimin says.

I bury my face into his shoulder and hug back tightly.

"Thank you, Jimin. That means the world to me." I say.

When we pull back he puts his hand out, pinky out.

"Best friends forever?" He says with a soft smile.

I stick my picky out and lock it with his, our thumbs pressed against each other's.

"Best friends forever."
:
Jimin;

I smile down at the small girl sitting beside me.

Finally, I would have to give up.

As much as I love y/n I know that I've truly lost her to Jungkook.

Even so, she'll still be in my life as my best friend and that's more than I couldn't ever ask for.

I'm so grateful to have her in my life and even if she doesn't love me the way I love her, I will continue to love and support her through the rest of her life with Jungkook.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asks from beside me.

"I've never been better." I smile.

She gives me a soft smile and leans her head against my shoulder.

"The sky is so beautiful tonight." Y/n says as she glances up at the stars spilled across the dark blue sky.

Not as beautiful as you.

"It sure is." I say as I turn my head slightly to look over at her.

Jungkook, you really are a lucky man.
:
When y/n and I arrive to her house her doors opens, revealing Jungkook in a baby blue pull over and black skinny jeans.

His eyes shift from me to y/n then y/n speaks.

"Thank you for tonight." She smiles as she touches my arm gently then heads inside.

As Jungkook goes to shut the door, I stop him.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask.

Y/n and Jungkook both look at me shocked as the words fall from my mouth.

"Sure." Jungkook finally says.

The two of us walk out into the hallway where he leans against the hall, arms across his chest.

"Why did you want to talk?" He asks.

"I know we don't get along but I just want you to know you don't have to worry about me anymore." I say.

"Who says I was worried about you to begin with?" Jungkook snaps back, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What I'm saying is I'm giving up."

As soon as I say it Jungkook's features soften.

"Wait, Seriously?" He asks.

"Yes, Seriously. I know how much she loves you and I also know it's more than she'll ever love me so it's time I give up." I say.

"Well you're not wrong." Jungkook says.

I don't bother getting angry but instead I stick my hand out.

"I'm not asking to be your friend but since I'll still be in y/n's life as her friend I just want us to be at peace." I say, looking Jungkook dead in the eye.

"You really love her, don't you?" Jungkook asks.

"I do." I say instantly.

To my surprise, Jungkook grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you for taking care of her. I know I've been an asshole and I ruined the friendship we had but thank you. Thank you for not giving up on y/n, even when she talked about me when you were in love with her." Jungkook says.

When he pulls back I see a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry, for everything." He finally says.

"I should be the one apologizing. I was the one who doubted you could change. Here you are now, the same person you were before everything happened. I doubted you but you proved me wrong, you proved all of us wrong." I say.

"So are we bros again?" Jungkook grins as he goes to fist bump.

I move my hand up and grin.

"Bros again."

[...]