Chapter 1 ~ Appearance

I was laying down on my bed being bored while just scrolling through my phone. I just got home from the last day of school of my sophomore year and I had originally planned to go hang out with my best friend, Jake, but something came up for him and we couldn't.

So here I am, all alone. I kind of liked the peace and quiet, though. I was an only child and my parents were currently away on a business trip. They take business trips pretty often for the company they own, that's how I guess you could consider my family kind of rich.

Maybe I should watch some anime, I thought to myself. I really like anime, but I didn't have many friends that were into it. I had a couple that I don't see very often, but then there's my best friend Jake who is into it just as much as I am.

One of the animes that we have in common is Attack On Titan. At first, it didn't really seem like an anime that I would be interested in, but after a little while and quite a lot of convincing from Jake, I started watching it and actually really liked it. I finished the first season within a few days and completely fangirled over Captain Levi. He was my favorite. So respectable and totally not deserving all of the stuff that he has gone through. He has a heart of gold even though he rarely ever shows it. Not to mention that he's completely gorgeous, too.

Buuuut, anyways. Yeah, I should probably just watch Attack on Titan. I went to my Crunchyroll app and decided that I wanted to watch Episode 14, right after Eren was taken in to be a part of the scouts. This episode was also pretty famous for its scene of Levi beating up Eren in court. It always cracked me up how far Levi took it, but it's understandable. Somebody had to teach those lazy, stupid Military Police what the Survey Corps could offer. Who knows what would have happened if the Military Police would have gotten custody of Eren instead of the Survey Corps.

Out of habit I was about to call Jake and see if he wanted to come over and watch it with me, but then I remembered that he was busy. I sighed and laid back down on my stomach across my bed.

I was about half-way into the episode when I heard something like a big crash and a bright flash of light come through the doorway of my living room. My room was right next to the living room and with both doors open I could clearly see the light when it came.

My whole body froze except for my heart which was about to beat out of my chest. I was so scared but also curious. I started hearing voices and became a little scared because there shouldn't be people in my house when I'm here alone. I was also a little weirded out because as I got closer to the doorway the voices sounded oddly familiar.

No, that's impossible. Of course, it would be awesome if what I was thinking that it was could actually happen, but it was just impossible.

Not knowing what to think or believe, I hesitantly stepped out into the doorway, staring straight into the living room. What I saw made me confirm my suspicions and gasp. How though... I must be dreaming... This can't be real... I couldn't believe what was before my eyes, I just simply stared at the all-too-familiar symbol on the back of their jackets.