Chapter 24 ~ Together

It was the day after our holiday celebrations and the cast, Jake, and I were currently just out and about, spending time together.

"Remember that time Hanji got us kicked out of that pet store?" Jake laughed. We were sitting down having coffee and such at The Muffin Man, the café that we went to on the second day that the cast was here.

"I remember that. I felt so bad." I chuckled.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault!" Hanji objected.

"How was it not your fault?" Levi asked, turning to look at her accusingly.

"Hmp." She gave up.

"Or that one time that that girl came up and tackled Levi in the mall." I said.

"That was annoying." Levi said and rolled his eyes, taking a sip of his tea.

"That was so cute!" Hanji said.

"Shut it, Four-eyes." Levi said back.

"So what you guys' favorite memory from your time here?" Jake asked.

"I liked the convention." Mike answered.

"Definitely the beach." Erwin said.

"I can't pick just one! I mean the whole thing! The beach... the convention... the rollercoaster..." Hanji trailed off.

"Mine is probably the vacation." Jake said.

"Yeah, me too." I agreed. "What about you, Levi?"

"You." He answered and pressed a kiss onto my cheek, making me blush.

"Awwe, you guys are so cute!!" Hanji squealed.

"So what do you guys want to do now?" I asked.

"We could go walk around the park and stay out to get supper." Jake suggested.

"Alright, let's do that." I said.

Time Skip

"Ughh, I'm so full!" Hanji complained.

"Shut it, Four-eyes. You're the one who ate that much. Almost as much as that Brause cadet." Levi said, shaking his head at the last part.

"I couldn't help it. It was so good!" She said.

After the café, like planned, we walked around the park, goofing off and reminiscing on our time here together. Time sadly passed by quickly and we went and got dinner at a diner.

"It's getting dark. Think we should head back?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, probably." I agreed. We parted ways and everybody got into my car, ready to go back to my house.

Once we were back, Hanji and I went to my room to relax after our slightly tiring day. We were talking about random things until a sudden thought came to my mind that hadn't come this whole time that the cast had been here.

Eruhan...

"Hey... Hanji..." I started.

"What's up?" She lifted her head up.

"Have you ever thought of dating Erwin?" I asked. I'll admit it was out of the blue, but I wanted to know. It'd be so cute!

"W-What?!" She exclaimed, her cheeks turning bright red. "Why would you ask that, Emma?!"

"I was just wondering." I said. "Wait. Don't tell me you do like him."

"U-Um... Well..." She sheepishly looked away. I gasped.

"You do like him!!" I exclaimed.

"Shhh! Keep your voice down!." She whisper-yelled and put a hand over my mouth. "Yes, okay, I do like him, but he's the commander so he's probably got a lot on his mind."

"I don't know... I've seen the way he looks at you." I said. This made Hanji pause and look down for a second.

"R-Really?" She asked softly.

"Yep. He's always taking glances at you and if you listen carefully you can catch it in his voice. He even told me something..."

"W-What did he tell you...?" Hanji asked, still blushing and being bashful.

"That he likes you." I said proudly.

"He... He does?"

"Yep. He told me down at the beach when we were collecting seashells together."

Hanji got quiet. It was probably a lot to take in all of a sudden, but it'd be worth it if I could get them together.

"AND, since you got me and Levi together, I'm going to get you and Erwin together!" I said.

"Thank you, Emma, but I'm not so sure about that." Hanji said a bit sadly.

"Why not?" I questioned, a bit confused as to why not.

"Because what if he and I didn't work out? It could become awkward and get in the way of our fight for humanity." She frowned.

"Hanji." I placed my hands on her shoulders. "Everything is going to work out just fine. I know it."

"Thank you..." She slightly smiled and looked up at me.

"So do I have permission to play matchmaker?" I asked. She sighed but continued to smile.

"I guess." She answered.

"Yay!! Eruhan forever!!" I exclaimed and jumped up from my bed, pumping my fist into the air.

"Shhh!!" Hanji once again said and put her hand over my mouth.

"Sorry." I mumbled and giggled. Then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called. The door opened and revealed none other than Commander Eyebrows.

"Is everything alright in here? We heard a lot of squealing and yelling." He said.

"Oh, everything is just fine." I winked at him and felt Hanji jab my side with her elbow.

"Well as long as everything is okay. Goodnight." He said and walked back out the door, shutting it, but not before we responded our goodnights.

I chuckled and gave Hanji the same look that she gave me when she first started playing matchmaker between me and Levi.

"Shut up." She blushed and climbed into bed. I giggled.

"Goodnight~" I said.

"Goodnight." She replied.